Fábio Vieira (21)

Agree of what you said, but now we just wait and see our finalized roster first and then we have a clue.
Right now a few of them could be just smoke screen and may not be real.

If like you said we are transitioning from 4-2-3-1 to 4-3-3 one holding midfield… hopefully:

1/ Partey stays healthy as long as he can
2/ a backup but not Xhaka
3/ we are flexible to move back to 4-2-3-1 or other formations to compensate the possibility of Partey’s absence or tactical matchup

3 Likes

Played as a ST far more than I thought.

1 Like

Just feels absolutely right that we have a Vieira back at Arsenal and that the name is spelt the right way too :heart:

3 Likes

Fabio Vieira: What can Gunners fans expect after agreeing deal for Porto midfielder? - Fabio Vieira: What can Gunners fans expect after agreeing deal for Porto midfielder? - BBC Sport

Brother, that’s LB, CM, AM, RM and ST sorted.
:rofl:

1 Like

yeah imagine he is our new 9 and actually owns there, would be a sneaky move :smiley:

reminds me of Bruno Fernandes in these compilations though, maybe a little bit more mobile and forward-leaning.

And less of a cunt?

5 Likes

It’d be mind blowing in its own right if he wasn’t.

Also there’s the RvP factor, if he is a cunt, but he is our cunt I’m ok with it.

1 Like

Your cunt, my cunt, our cunt… many cunts…

You can kinda tell these lads are closeted gooners from their interviews. Getting that vibe from him same, same with Nuno. Cedric admitted he was a gooner recently too.

What’s our following like in Portugal? Any Portoguese gooners in here have some input on this?

didn’t know anything about this guy until a few days ago but it’s nice to add a new body into our thin squad, reckon he will be second choice and playing from the bench until he proves himself, it’s always good to sign a fresh young player

best of luck at arsenal, Fabio :slight_smile:

What do you mean continue? 4231 has been dead at arsenal for a while, we fully transitioned to 433 last season. The reason there were so few xhaka fuck ups in the defensive third last season was because we pushed him forward into more of an 8 position.

Xhaka Heat map 2021

Xhaka Heat map 2022
Notice how his position is far more weighted forwards into attack. You can also see it in passing stats declining because he’s no longer sitting deeper and recycling the ball out of defence.

This wasnt even dependent on Partey we lined up similarly with Lokonga or Elneny as the 6.

On the other side Odegaard was playing a right sided 8 (although with a slightly more attacking bias).

I’ve never watched vieira play so its hard to comment but i imagine he can play RW,RCM,LW,LCM, and we wont need to change anything with our set up. But who really knows until we get him into the squad and see him play for real.

where’s the Partey heat map for 2022? Do you have a source I could check? ty

You can also see it in Parteys heat map from right side bias in build up especially (4231) in 2021 to sole 6 in 2022. Bearing in mind we didnt switch until Novemberish time if i remember correctly.

Partey 2022

Partey 2021

1 Like

What if a player farts a long stream? Will that skew the heatmap?

4 Likes

If you fart that much to affect the heat map, there should be a lot of liquid getting out as well, and your pants would be all wet in brown.

1 Like

I dunno man, some farts feel warmer than other farts. Without any brown stuff coming out. So maybe the warmest farts will show up on the heatmap.

3 Likes