Everton

One silver lining behind today @Stroller is that a couple of teams above them won, too.

I’d hope that first half of the season is damaging enough to relegate them.

They ain’t going down with Dyche. You don’t put that performance against the best team in the league and get relegated.

No guarantees they’ll deliver the same performance for the remaining games but they will do it a few times, enough for them to stay up.

1 Like

There’s no chance everton go down lol, they’d have had to keep fat frank all season for that.

Exactly.

1 Like

Dyche knows how to fight relegation, I think even Burnley would’ve stayed up with him.

They won’t be as good as today every week but they’ll definitely pick up enough results with him at the helm. Their squad is better than those around them.

1 Like

Man City don’t head there til May though so let’s hope they’re not safe by then.

Yeah, they showed they can beat everyone on their day today.

Even DCL looked great today.

Dyche will enough performances out of this group to keep them up.

Let’s be honest, that squad has no business fighting relegation. They’re an underperforming side just like West Ham, Leicester and others. If they play at the level they should they will be fine. Goodison Park will prove key yet again.

2 Likes

We couldn’t handle him at all. He won so many headers. When they subbed him off I thought we would maybe turn it around, but alas.

1 Like

Looks like I misjudged him. Plays the type of football that appeals to people who think the Amen Break ruined music but apparently loves raves.

1 Like

Everton obviously didn’t ply the PL with enough brown envelopes full of cash, unlike Chelsea, who must look at stories like this and laugh.

3 Likes

Don’t underestimate Usmanov money in this. Everton downfall accelerated when the embargo came on the Russian oligarchs getting turfed out.

The problem with Everton was spending massive amounts on the wrong players and having a revolving door of managers.

1 Like

Partly. They had Usmanov in the background though feeding Moshiri.
That money dried up with his expulsion. He was also going to be a sponsor and have contacts for other backers for the training facilities and new stadium.

1 Like

Imagine if Dyche keeps them up only to get hit with a points deduction and they go down. That would be pretty heartbreaking for their supporters.

I hope it happens though. It would make a great documentary one day.

And also very funny

1 Like

There is practically no chance the PL goes right to a points deduction for a team which has been a part of the league for every season thus far.

With ffp issues and the new stadium cost, the long term ramifications of relegation will be one to watch if it happens. Quite a few saleable assets that would bring in £100m+ but weaken them in the task of bouncing straight back.

:flushed:

Arab money is about to flood the league.

Everton is gonna win the championship next year and compete for the PL in 2 years time.

Will we become the new old Everton? :henry: