Everton

Well we know how you feel about youth policies in general.

The level of competition is higher in the PL. The players cost more, the players get paid more. They’ve tried doing stuff on the cheap the last eighteen months, right? The big signing was Demarai Gray at one point. They just seem so clueless in the market.

And no, I’m not saying they should “give up” PL status. My point was that appointing a dinosaur like Dyche isn’t necessarily a bad thing because even if he takes them down, I’d trust Dyche to consolidate a bit if they wanted to stick with that type of football. Idk how their fans would feel about it though.

I think Dyche gets a very hard time on here lol.

He’s a good manager

3 Likes

Sure he is.

Glad we agree

Always. Nothing but respect for him.

1 Like

How is Dyche a dinosaur? He literally secured PL status for a team with very little investment compared to its peers and did so handily most years.

Football doesn’t have to be played in one way. There are many different approaches to the game and Dyche, who I’m not even remotely fond of, did a stellar job at keeping Burnley in the league for many seasons.

He didn’t play “Brexitball” and he isn’t a dinosaur. He’s a very competent manager at the level that he’s shown himself to be capable of managing at.

Not everyone has to adopt play out the back, inverted full backs and inter changing whatever’s in order to be a good manager.

9 Likes

Your ignorance is beyond discussion tbh. Ive seen plenty of young players play at a young age here and prosper.
O’Leary, Brady, Adams, Fabregas to name a few. 17 year old Pele rewrote the history of world football.
There was near riots in 78 when a 17 year old Maradona didn’t make the world cup.
Busby babes historically. United’s 92 side. Who is dumping on that.
You need to really get some feel and understanding of this sport in this country more like your fellow countrymen on here.

3 Likes

Of course it doesn’t. I even said what he did with Burnley augured well for keeping Everton up.

Ok Boomer.

So what makes him a dinosaur then?

1 Like

Sean Dyche’s first speech to the Everton players:

Respectfully, let’s wait for Kompany’#s Burnley to come to the PL first and see how he fairs.

There was a little team called Norwich recently that was playing champagne football in the Championship and when they came back to the PL they got slapped around by everyone around and got sent right back down.

I think his tactics are outdated, it’s very old school. He’s an effective dinosaur but it’s not my taste.

Norwich play the same 11 players consistently.

A bit different from them farmers imo

They are more Fulham than Norwich

I remember there being a micro hype about his tactical prowess of ensuring his players were always standing in the correct place to block shots, think they had the lowest shots on target against one season or something :ozil: I was very impressed

There’s a Portuguese saying roughly translated, “You are dancing on the grave of the joke”

1 Like

When I’m being condescended to there’s not much else to say.

FFS Dyche bounce incoming when we play them. Hopefully it will be a very small bounce. Lump it up to DCL.

Well you could have come up with a more grown up answer rather than reverting to your usual supposed insult. Some people don’t actually appreciate the term.

1 Like

I’ll take it under advisement. I’m sure Strolls and I will argue about something else soon and I’ll have a chance to come up with a better response.