Everton Soares

I said more than :wink:. I think he is still a bit too raw. Too pay 40+ million for and his ‘rawness’ makes it hard to determine how much better than this he will become. His stats are a bit inflated imo. Ajax as team scored 119 goals last season. Playing with Tadic, Ziyech and De Jong has also been very beneficial for him. Here at Arsenal there is a lot less creativity for him too profit from.

Don’t know much about this guy…can he play on either wing or mostly on the left?

The fact he was starting for Brazil is surely a positive, and if the rumour is true the recommendation must have come from Edu…two Brazilians in one window would be good :partying_face:

Always worried as to whether South American players can adapt to the premier league, plenty have but there have been some duds over the years as well.

£36m is a lot of money…always been of the view to opt for longer term solutions rather than quick fixes. £60m on Zaha would be a safer option IMO but we obviously may not have the money available!

Mostly on the left.

Here’s a video scouting report George D. Metellus did for beIN during Copa Libertadores (I saw these games and concur, although I’m certainly no scout and don’t pretend to be one on the internet).

By the way, George mentions interest by City, United and Milan, but he’ll be ecstatic if Everton goes to Arsenal because he’s a huge Gunner himself.

Again, who knows about reliability of this source but whatever, I’ll post some shite to keep things going

Come on mate. Me dont understand SIIUU language.

4 Likes

Haha.

Guy basically saying it’s done for €40m

1 Like

Dunno how real this is now. Clear as day the main target atm is Zaha. Arsenal tried their luck with Pepe but he seems to be very picky. We may as well be tracking Everton but it’s definitely not in the ‘fee agreed, now medicals needed’ phase.

couldn’t we be poking several players at the same time, that’s pretty common it seems to me. It’s just talking on a phone and doing paperwork mostly, it’s not like we have to decide which front to send our scarce food rations to. We’re probably always in talks with plenty of players and in the end we get the one or two that seems the best deal.

No, we are only allowed to pursue one player at a time. In fact the “transfer phone” at AFC hq can only be used once per week.

5 Likes

can we still fax in lowballing offers 5 mins after deadline? :bellcry:

This is Arsenal’s transfer phone.

“Sarah, get me Romildo Bolzan in Brazil.”

1 Like

I wanna sign this guy, but every time I read his name it sounds to me like some type of super strain of herpes that’s being spread all over Merseyside.

2 Likes

Fax?
This is Arsenal.
We use a carrier pigeon.

1 Like

plus the pigeon only has one wing

1 Like

Wish we did.

And bad eyesight…

3 Likes

Got a mild chuckle out of this.

6 Likes