Everton Soares

Love the fact that he is fekin ugly. Ugly players tend to have more aggression and determination.

5 Likes

Sky sports absolutely fucked it here.

Headline should be Arsenal interest in Everton Soares. :drum::sushi:

4 Likes

The name Everton is derived from the Saxon word eofor, meaning wild boar that lives in forests.

2 Likes

:arteta::arteta::arteta:

As we say in Spanish, los feos siempre echan más ganas

Don’t like the footage of him out there tbh.

Why?

What do you think of Neres? He would be my favourite winger signing I think.

2 Likes

I’d love him at Arsenal, haven’t seen anything of Everton so I can’t compare the two. However I think David Neres is in a different price bracket, Ajax want between 40-60m for Neres if I’m not mistaken.

1 Like

He’s the right age bracket. If he’s good enough long term then he’s certainly worth 40-60m. Kinda surprised only Atléti (rumoured, though Overmars did confirm an offer from someone, no?) is interested in him, thought there’d be more interest. Certainly seems a more interesting target than Zaha for us though that’s for sure.

2 Likes

I fell in love with him when I saw him play for Gremio in Copa Libertadores a few months ago. Really a top talent. I’d rather have him than Zaha or Pepe. I think he has more upside. I truly believe he has a chance to be world class with a couple of seasons in a big league.

Of course it means nothing because young players are always being tabbed with being “the new” so-and-so. He’s often called “the new Neymar.”

3 Likes

His game seems based a lot on his pace. Which is something I never really like. Furthermore very litte movement and he seems like somebody who you need to have let a go at it for 10 times (take-ons) a game for him to do something.

@AbouCuellar I like Neres more than Everton. Not sure more than €40 million would be a fair price. I think he is a more complete forward than Everton.

1 Like

I saw him play one half in Copa. He had two shots, one resulted in a throw in and the other one wouldn’t even made my nan fall over. Judging by this in depth judgement on his talent I don’t rate him. I could be wrong, very wrong indeed!

1 Like

are you watching a different person to me, he looks very good he gets away with the ball even when cornered the ball sticks to him. He reminds me of a fast Cazorla but playing from the wings.

I saw all the games of the tourny, he was absolutely lit when he played (there was one game he was so-so in, don’t remember which one), he was the top scorer (3 goals) and made team of the tournament.

Imagine the type that just comes on and just fucks with everyone all the time, small, agile, fast, creative as fk, bla bla. It could be that it’s a thing where he plays in Gremio and gets to play with the NT and a bunch of stars that play in Europe and he has nothing to lose, a naïve lack of a sense of responsibility for the results and can just go wild sort of.

The two worries for me is that he plays well back home and a move abroad can make you lose your mojo, or that it was about the motivation in the moment and he’s not that consistent if he moves somewhere. Think Renato Sanchez or James or similar who exploded in a tournament, moved and cooled off a bit. Actually, going by the two of them he might end up at Bayern lol

2 Likes

I’ll give him that he has good control, but that is not enough for me to have him here. I think he is a bit one-dimensional. Not a problem if you are extremely good at that skill. I think however that he isn’t.

from what i see of him, he is exactly what we need close control skins defenders for fun and can wriggle out of tight spaces…kinda useful for a winger and he is rapid as fuck too, if he can skin defenders and get to the box and pass the ball effectively we have a very useful player on our hands.

Problem is as stated can he adapt, but i reckon with Edu here and Martinelli etc and the spanish contingent he should be made to feel welcome and he will stay at a high level.

Much better signing than Zaha if true :pray::pray:

1 Like

Why? He’s 22 and he’s already rather accomplished at the European level. People were raving about Hirving Lozano a few years ago and David Neres has consistently destroyed the dutch league statistically at an even better level than Hirving…+ has a skill set/ quality more likely to translate to top level.

Don’t see why 40m would be too much. If we’re willing to pay £40-50m for Zaha surely we should be willing to pay the same or more for Neres.

1 Like

Like the idea - agree this is exact profile we should be pouncing on… no indication we are after him though, is there?

1 Like