European Super League

The state of this league if 61 - 30 points doesn’t get you relegated :facepalm:. In most other seasons I’m sure it would have.

65 points is enough to escape relegation in most seasons.

Starting with -30 is totally different from everyone starting from 0.
It is hell out of amount of pressure.

I don’t think they will be relegated but may lose the European spots.

Are there going too be any PL sanctions?

They won’t care as they will have ESL

The gimmick of the ESL may not last as much as most people think about.

All it means is if they do sign for a breakaway league is they’ll create a Super Premier League and dump the PL or ask the PL to remove the fines/point deductions.

The PL can’t survive without the Big 6

2 Likes

The ESL idea was all about money, and the clubs involved were rightfully lambasted about it.

Isn’t it so fitting that they’ve decided to smooth it over…by paying £22m towards the “good of the game”?

“You selfish cunts were going to fuck us all over because of money and stuff. But saying that, it might help if you gave us some money to say you’re sorry about the whole thing. But you’re still cunts because of money and stuff. You greedy bastards. We will accept this money but let it be known for the record that morally we aren’t happy. But seriously, thanks for the £22m.”

8 Likes

So true :sweat_smile::sweat_smile::sweat_smile:

The PL/FA are the most corrupt kants in the game :+1:

3 Likes

So the champions league, but shit.

Sounds like it but if this was the original pitch, i don’t think the project would have imploded.

It makes sense to start off “soft” but then revert to a version of the first model after the competition is up running.

4 Likes

Yeah but the reason I think these clubs jumped on the bandwagon of a super league to begin with, is because they were guaranteed a meal ticket. Do you think Arsenal are gonna sign up for this now knowing that they can’t even qualify? :joy::joy: PL teams probably won’t want to join due to the difficulty of their league, considering it’s no different to the Champions League now. Bayern, Madrid, Barca couldn’t give a fuck cuz they’ll never drop out of the super league spots.

2 Likes

1 Like

A lot of teams don’t even have a big roster to play in multiple tournaments/cups.

If league positions is the only ticket you can get it, it is just like another CL/EL. A cup for the big teams, teams that can play, compete and advance deep in the tournament.
No need for ESL at all.

As someone who hated the idea I might be more receptive seeing the disparity more highlighted since the pandemic.
Either way it was never going away and the seed was sown and subliminally planted.

Wonder how true this is. I know Madrid, Juve, and Barça have stuck with the idea, but it will be a tricky sell for the English clubs to go back to. Can’t say I’d be as fussed as I was last time

Wait what

We back baby

Wait where the fuck are we

7 Likes