European Super League

Yes, drama is really what we’re really lacking right now in the current ‘climate’.

1 Like

Are we still doing this?

This time without us :joy:

1 Like

Fine with me.

I literally fucking said this would happen. That us and Spurs would be left out. Still funny they left Spurs out though.

I wouldn’t count us out so easily tbh.

1 Like

Yeh we can take Chelsea’s place when they turn into Everton without their blood money

1 Like

Germans are still the best

Do you want to be in it though? For sporting reasons or because you think it’s just an exciting prospect to have high profile games?

The new CL sounds awful and pretty super leaguey anyways

1 Like

Aw man I said my piece way too much back in the day when me and MM were the villains of the entire board. Ain’t got time to go back to that and no one wants to hear it rehased. Was like the most busy thread this forum has ever seen.

Still though, my final stance was that you can’t stand in the way of progress but you can certainly be excluded from it. Not sure it happens this time either but when it does I hope we’re not left behind.

3 Likes

That’s the Swiss System right? Was that actually approved?

If they really want the CL to be more exciting they’d unseed the groups or go straight knockout.

It was approved. 2024/25 Season

1 Like

Apart from Atletico looking at that list i would 100% be sure football is a complete corrupt entity

Not too many details. They are clearly attempting to do a better job (not hard really) in marketing the proposal, especially emphasizing that this is a replacement for the CL not of domestic leagues and also committing to having no permanent members.

Honestly, replacing the CL with a competition that has a better format and getting corrupt UEFA out of the administration of the competition are both good ideas in the abstract. But the devil is of course in the details.

Your restraint is admirable. I’ve never let that stand in the way of rehashing my old grievances.

I get your point though. It is kind of scary to think Arsenal could get “left behind” but I personally would worry that the SuperLeague closed shop model might incentivize KSE to stop giving a shit.

OTOH if there’s one thing KSE know how to do better than most ownership groups it’s how to work within a closed system that has salary caps and etc.

1 Like

I’ve come full circle now. Such is the disparity between those with money and those without.
Also the shit running the EFL needs change.
I look at it more from the clubs left behind and think the benefits for them are huge and think the market for that product will be very good for them in the long run.

2 Likes

Glad we’re not involved in this this time. Josh Kroenke always sounds like he genuinely regretted this in interviews.

1 Like

A guy that wealthy probably “genuinely regrets” very few things, ever.

2 Likes

I am completely fine with FA banning all those clubs from PL.