Euro 2020

My pessism thinks we’ll be out coached finally, by a much better manager and organised / motivated team. But honestly who knows, it’ll likely be a tight game all said and done.

I really do feel that Foden should start on Sunday though.

1 Like

To be fair even if its a soft pen England clearly committed to going for the goal in ET and Denmark didn’t have much left.

It’s not like it was a 29th minute pen. I think Sterling goes down in something like the 11th minute? You can never predict what would have happened in football but I still think England had all the energy and were applying enough pressure to get the goal and then sit on that lead.

1 Like

I think right result going by all the comments but not a penalty in the slightest, just puts a bit of a stain on it. Diving like prime Italian/Spanish players.

4 Likes

That’s up there with Phil Jones.

None of this thread nonsense. Match Day Chat or we riot!!!

2 Likes

Sterling’s heat map tonight

213560806_2063609047112179_6481539126878076213_n

10 Likes

Pretty much. Not even sure there was contact at all

1 Like

@DavidHillier was just wondering what would happen if an Englishman went on a Punjabi forum and spouted ‘Fuck Khalistan’ every other post?

Khalistan doesn’t yet exist so keep wondering

Oh yes, thank goodness
Fuck Khalistan :crazy_face:

They’d probably win a football match fairly if they did exist, though :wink:

1 Like

A good game that didn’t deserve to be decided by such a soft pen. Robert Rosetti came out strongly before the Euros, saying they would not allow any soft penalties. Well there’s been a couple despite VAR and it’s a pity it also happened in a semifinal.

Either way I’m looking forward to the final, which has all the ingredients for a close cracker of a game!

2 Likes

What a final to look forward to. Italy - England. Let’s fucking goooo!

I think Arsenal supporters who cheer Kane cheating and scoring are weirder. :wink:

Sterling has been our best player but Saka and, as much as I don’t like to say it, Maguire as well.

1 Like

I do think during international cups like the Euros or the World Cup it is completely okay to support players who usually play for a rival. Your country doing well once every two years > club in my opinion.

As an Ajax fan. I have no qualms praising Dirk Kuyt when he scored for the Dutch national team. Or Van Persie, but that is also biased as he used to be an Arsenal player and not just Feyenoord.

Obviously if they play like poop they get it dished out much more than any other player. :man_shrugging:t5:

7 Likes

@Cristo waking up this morning

14 Likes

The fucking cocky beans on toast would have been funnier. Can imagine Luca saying it :joy:

Can we unban Luca for the final please

4 Likes

3 Likes

Never a pen but Denmark were completely done out here hanging on for penalties. England deserved their luck and Raheem Sterling has carried England’s attack on his back with another top display. What a player.