Euro 2020

I’m not sure I would quite chalk down diving to luck haha. It’s outright cheating.

Sterling dived
Kane dived

I know we can all get caught up in euphoria but let’s call it what it was - it was cheating.

10 Likes

Let’s not forget the laser pointer in Schmeichels eyes for the penalty or the two balls on the pitch next to each other for the penalty.

England were better in Extra Time, but Denmark were robbed.

4 Likes

Kane’s wasn’t a dive, there was a knee that clipped his heel. It was one of those that could have gone either way and probably a fair call to not give it. He is a massive diver in general but that time there was contact.

The whole of football at the top level looks for penalties on any contact. The refs had VAR to disallow it and didn’t which they should have. That’s the refs business.

Anyway even without that penalty call a goal was probably coming with another 20 mins of constant pressure on Denmark’s box. Denmark had nothing left.

Kane spent the whole game throwing himself into defenders to get contact, it’s outright cheating and he gets away with it time and time again.

I don’t like the notion that because the whole of football does it, it makes Sterling dive acceptable. The English press rightly malign and criticise diving by foreigners so it’s a total double standard to find any kind of excuse to justify some of the diving from England last night.

England and Italy is the best final we could have gotten based on the performances of involved teams but I can’t overlook the cheating when I know the nation doing it have always been so fiercely critical of other nations for the same.

10 Likes

Totally agreed man, I really don’t buy into this line of thinking that just because Denmark were dead on their feet in ET it suddenly justifies Sterling diving like a cunt.

7 Likes

Yeah it’s a cop out. Italy had nothing left in extra time vs. Spain and held on for penalties. There’s nothing to guarantee England would find a goal in the next 20 minutes and if the game goes to penalties Pickford is getting washed.

9 Likes

If England lose the final in extra time because Belotti dived in the box to win a penalty. Nobody is going to be saying “but England were tired it’s only a matter of time”. It’s going to be heaps of xenophobia and outcry about how the Italians cheat and England were robbed.

10 Likes

We were defending like absolute warriors as well. With Schmeichel in goal there’s a good chance we win on pens (he saved 3 against Croatia in 2018 wc)

5 Likes

You saw from the Kane penalty what a beast he was. Meanwhile curtains couldn’t save a free kick that was struck nearly centre of the goal lol

4 Likes

KNVB have approached Louis van Gaal to return as Holland head coach. He led us to 3rd in 2014 before joining Man Utd.

I’d be open to having him back for the qualifiers and 2022 World Cup. Followed by a long-term option after that. Hopefully Ten Hag.

1 Like

Wish we didn’t play so time wasting and kane played sterling and foden through for their 1v1s in extra time. Ending it 3 or 4 1. Ofcourse there would still be crying even though we have watched Italy and Spain fall over all tournament crying and checking for blood because a hair hit them. But the bigger scoreline is what was deserved because denmark were trash after the 40th minute. Like God fucking awful

Im pretty sure at one point walker could have squared the ball and kane or sterling was comepltely free in the penalty area but he decided to walk it to the corner flag

I don’t get why the Italian / Spanish play acting is being used to vindicate the English cheating? Why can’t they all be criticised? You spent a lot of time during the Belgium game criticising the Italians for their gamesmanship so it’s obviously something that bothers you. Whereas there’s total silence regarding Sterling diving and Kane throwing himself into defenders to win free kicks and penalties at any opportunity.

The Spanish have cheated, the Italians have cheated. And I’ve seen you criticise them. So in the interest of consistency England deserve criticism too.

6 Likes

It happened about 4 times in 15 minutes like a clear 1v1. Should’ve just made the scoreline humiliating

I don’t mind criticism but it’s all I hearing today by anyone who doesn’t like England. Like legit it’s everywhere. Every place I look on a daily basis on the Internet are people saying denmark were robbed. Like are you okay guys robbed of what? Did you create anything? Your free kick goal was a horseshit decision but d.w about that

1 Like

Sincerely, I hope you still had a good time yesterday and that it still feels like seeing your team in a European Championship semi final live was an incredible experience.

Obviously because I’m an England fan I don’t give much of a shit about the nature of our victory, but I accept you’ve got legitimate grounds to feel aggrieved.

But I don’t dislike England, I love the English national team. I’m just not going to overlook the cheating it justify it the same way some people are.

My only gripe is for all the people saying Denmark are robbed, there’s an equal number of people saying “we don’t care” and “other nations do it too” regarding the diving which is a total 180 on the usual attitudes people have towards diving.

England won from a penalty that was awarded directly after Sterling dived. So it’s obvious to see why Denmark fans might be frustrated. England may well have gone on to win regardless, but if I was Danish I’d be furious at that penalty decision.

Although it’s a good point on the Denmark free kick. If memory serves me right, I don’t remember thinking it was a free kick.

2 Likes

Denmark were diving and feigning injuries all tournament. Hojberg spent more time on the floor clutching his ankle, than he did playing football.

England just got the one decision that mattered.

2 Likes

I wasn’t criticising you, my original comment was just wishing we scored the goals in extra time to make denmark look like the shitters they were after the 40th minute. Would’ve made the whining better, 2 1 suggests they were in the game

The free kick routine was form a ball and run into every single England player and hope for a free kick. So dumb that they got away with it

2 Likes

Mads and his fellow Danes won’t get to enjoy Another Round