England vs. Italy (Euro 2020 Final)

Deep down I usually know England are going to blow it. Today I’m pretty sure they have it. If it goes to pens no way T-Rex outdoes Donnarumma so fairly certain England will get it done in the 90 or 120.

3 Likes

Yeah I don’t think I’ve ever seen a game where it just seemed so clear and everyone just knows in their heart of hearts that one specific team will win. This really does seem like England’s day and has done since the Germany win.

Except for every Arsenal knockout game in the CL since 2008.

3 Likes

Yeah I think it’s looking good for England and the best chance they’ll ever have.

Though I hope Italy win, not just for the obvious.

They’ve had some hurt in this competition and they probably should have won euro 2000.

They’re due another euros win.

2 Likes

I was amazed when I heard that they’ve only won it once since 1968, because of their World Cup success I just assumed they had won it a few times!

1 Like

Naaah man, France were all over them in that final lol.

It would have been a travesty had Italy somehow managed to rob France of that trophy.

2 Likes

My heart says England, my brain Italy.

1 Like

You’re definitely thinking of the semis. Netherlands dominated Italy, but Italy were better than France in that final. Think Netherlands are the country that have a right to feel robbed haha, but France were the inferior team in the 90

I’ll agree with you. I’m an honorary Italian today :wink:

download.jpeg-4

1 Like

I went to rugby training this morning and none of the rugby dads gave a fuck but went to the beach for breakfast and there was a sufficient amount of LADS about and a brass band banging out three lions

1 Like
6 Likes

This is some reversed voodoo shit Jakey. And it might work out tonight!

With swimming talent like this, it’s possible for England tonight

9 Likes

Can you upload a gif of De ligt falling like a sausage and use his hands to cheat the ball away from the striker.

I prefer that. That’s really funny

7 Likes

It doesn’t count when it makes you lose the game

3 Likes

Honestly I’m not sure how England fans could be anything other than confident tonight but they’re essentially the national team version of Arsenal when it comes to this kind of shit so I do understand. Though Arsenal usually smash it in Wembley soooo…

1 Like

Im not confident at all, reading this chat is like the pre game thread of a completely different game to the one im expecting.

2 Likes

Although I can’t begrudge humans like this being happy and lifting the big cup.

I really rate Hendo I’ve realised. Deserves all the success he’s had

5 Likes

Meh they lost fair and square and even if they were due they got their payout in 2006

2 Likes

That memory will last me my entire life, being in Germany for it was just exhilarating, and watching the matches after some of Fabio Caressa’s words are in my mind any time we play.

My favourite is for the second goal against a germany , the ball is crossed into our box and…

Arriva il pallone, lo mette fuori Cannavaro! Poi ancora insiste Podolski, Cannavaro! Cannavaro!!

3 Likes

Grosso and Del Piero’s goals in extra time were just class, that game was excellent too.

3 Likes