England vs. Italy (Euro 2020 Final)

I’m convinced Italy are winning this one, I just can’t bring myself to envisage a different outcome.

Whatever the result, I’m going to just try and be proud of the team, because based on my time on this earth so far, it would be accurate to describe this as a once in a lifetime event. So I’m just going to try and enjoy the final part of the ride, regardless of what happens.

Though I will of course be utterly crushed when we lose and might have prevent myself from coming onto OA for fear of treating people revelling in England’s downfall like I would a Danish child in the streets of London.

4 Likes

How are people planning to do to watch the match today?

I’m so jealous of those who proactively managed to find a big screen somewhere in the city.

Yeah now game day has approached I just can’t see us winning it all of a sudden. We’re absolute novices at this stage of a tournament and I feel that the occasion will get to the players.

Which is why I’m just trying to make the most of the day itself and soak in as much of it as I can. Seeing Wembley arch from my flat definitely helps build it up :smiley:

1 Like

Just recreate the poll man. For such a legendary fixture, it’s important.

A poll about a poll:

Recreate the OP Poll, to see who voted and ET options?

• Yes
  • No

0 voters

No because the correct outcome is there as an option on the original. :laughing::laughing: We’re winning this inside the 90!!

No because I’m being a dick :grin:

I feel exactly the same, except england! I’m watching it at work we’re closing early and I can just see everyone I work with taking the piss out of me (which is fair enough and expected, I’d rather that than risk being in a bar full of drunk strangers)

But yeah, I just see england as so much momentum behind them and the crowd, we shall see.

Though if we win I won’t be taking the piss out of england I’ll just be being proud of Italy.

Maybe they’ll do the decent thing and take it to private messages :eyes::grin:

2 Likes

I’ve added a new poll on top of the existing one for now haha

1 Like

Haha, no chance I’m afraid. Comes with the territory of being one of the most hated nations on the planet I guess :joy:

My body and mind is ready - it’s going to be a great day today

England to win, 1000% convinced

1 Like

Yeah this has an England win written all over it. Fans in Wembley, 55 years, Southgate missed the penalty. It’s a Hollywood script written in the stars.

However I don’t begrudge you guys or my friends winning the Euros and enjoying the national euphoria that comes with it. It’ll be well deserved and you lot weren’t the cunts in the stadium so fair do.

8 Likes

His grandma said ‘why didn’t you just boot the penalty Gareth’. If she’s still alive and we lose she can ask him ‘Why didn’t you just play more than 1 attacking midfielder Gareth’.

Are you old enough to remember 1992?

1 Like

I was in Chelmsford for a festival and just walking round the city centre this morning it was already like a party atmosphere at 10am. England shirts and flags everywhere. Men with giant whistles, alternating between blowing them and singing It’s Coming Home. Guys with flags draped around them who look like they started a bender on Wednesday :sweat_smile: Think some of these people have gone too early and will bs passed out before kick off!

It’s nice to see though. There were even country singers singing Three Lions on stage last night.

I’m the opposite to most of you, I think we most definitely are winning this. And probably the next World Cup too :partying_face:

5 Likes

No I’m not unfortunately which is why this tournament was so special to me, as it’s the closest I will ever come to seeing Denmark in a final in my lifetime.

I’ve seen all the videos in Copenhagen from 1992, biggest celebrations in Denmark since we were liberated from the Nazis.

Love posts like these! Hearing about the atmosphere on such a day, build up to the final etc.

2 Likes

I had to look up why Michael Laudrup, arguably the best player in the world at the time wasn’t playing. And apparently both Laudrup brothers and Malby, so probably your 3 best outfield players had an argument with the manager in qualifying and quit their international careers. Makes the whole event all the more incredible sumounted with the fact you were knocked out in qualifying only to get your place back because of the civil war in Yugoslavia

2 Likes

I think it’s England’s time, the stars have aligned for them this tournament.

1 Like

What a fat prick.

Hate these plastic bandwagoners especially those Tory cunts.

Yeah it’s crazy. Brian ended up making up with the coach and re-joined the squad and won the player of the tournament.

Also don’t forget that our star striker, Kim Vilfort, had to leave the tournament during the group stage because his daughter was dying of cancer. He watched the France and Netherlands victories with her in the hospital and then she told him to go back and play the final where he scored the 2nd goal. She died 6 weeks after.

Crazy, crazy summer.

1 Like