Emirates Stadium

Wow we actually played in someones back garden.

1 Like

Arsenal predicting the future here they literally did go cashless from March

1 Like

Imagine what a shit show it would be if fans got to vote on replacing the legends currently wrapped round the stadium.

1 Like

No one should be removed but maybe add Ramsey and Mert

1 Like

Go and win the major trophies and you can add as many as you want.

3 Likes

Giroud and Bellerin incoming :heart_eyes:

Exhibit A and B.

Yossi Benayoun deserves a spot tbh, has to happen

2 Likes

Exactly. The people up there are there for a reason.

And it’s nit looking tired. If it needs a touch up then do so, but no need to change the icons that are there.

4 Likes

I was there not too long before lockdown I. 2019, and I did notice that there was a fair amount of paint peeling and patina etc on the tiles and big signs and graphics and so on.

I remember being quite surprised by the state of it given our branding and positioning as a club vying for a clean and modern image.

I think it’s welcome for them to touch it up.

I remember going to the opening game at the Emirates, for the Bergkamp testimonial, and it not only looked new and shiny, it smelt new as well.

Dutch legends like Van Basten, Cruyff, Staam, De Boer and Rijkaard, played against the great Arsenal players like Henry, Vieira, Overmars, etc, and we had recently gone a whole season unbeaten to win the PL title and were getting to a CL final.

We were promised so much and a new stadium would mean we could compete with the best in Europe and could get any top player we wanted.

But what happened?
We got bought by an American shyster, who has ruined it all with his greed and stupidity.
Since then we have have gone from a top, successful club, with a great new stadium, to a shambolic mess which looks tired.

Like the Emirates, the club is worn out and in need of some serious upgrading.

1 Like

Ramsey forced his way out on a free and made the same choice of moving to newer, greener pastures as soon as he could and somehow the Welsh cunt is viewed different.

1 Like

I’ve never been the biggest Ramsey fan but you can’t question his impact in FA cup winning sides.

Manner of his exit has no real bearing on what he’s done tbh

1 Like
1 Like

Oh god that’s not going to be fun reading

2 Likes

Fuck, 15 years already?!

I remember Gilberto’s equaliser against Villa like it was yesterday.

3 Likes

Is our record defeat in league still that 4-1 game against Chelsea?

We lost 4-1 at home?!

I was at the opening game but have rarely been since.
Great stadium, great club, poor owners.

1 Like

Yeah, if I’m remembering correctly, around 2009/2010. Anelka got a couple.