Emiliano Buendia

Had a poor night and a very slow start at Villa, 35 mill isn’t a great deal in 2021 and I still think he’ll prove to be worth around that mark.

Put it this way it won’t end up looking anywhere near as bad as spending 72 on Pepe :rofl:

3 Likes

Wrong. That equals about £10m, given how shit Nelson is.

But anyway, just want to highlight my elite opinion from February.

@Darkseid accused me of snobbery. Even after I highlighted other players in the Championship.

3 Likes

Actually no I didn’t, I mentioned it wasn’t aimed at you.

What’s your opinion of Buendia now?

1 Like

I still think he’s a good player, Villa are generally playing like crap.

The switch to 5ATB is not working , they’re playing an extra defender and yet have shipped more goals then any other side. I’d like to see him playing in a more fluid system that makes more use of the wide players they have. Ings may not have been the way to go.

Of course some are going to fish for likes as he hasn’t done much so far but it’s still early, I won’t throw in the towel yet :grimacing:

4 Likes

Justice.

Didn’t even realise he was on the pitch for about 40 minutes.

Atleast he’s scored his 3rd top flight league goal in his career this season.

1 Like

He’s like James but with more pace and workrate, he’ll come good I’m sure.

He’s only just come back from injuries etc, and playing in a team not performing, I wouldn’t write him off yet

Arsenal fans taking a collective L with the performances of Madison and Buendia.

10 Likes

Oh look at me I was right about something :crazy_face::sweat_smile:

3 Likes

I can understand the urge to point it out when it happens so rarely.

3 Likes

I’m right about pretty much everything.

1 Like

Never wanted Buendia here (or Odegaard but I’ll put that in brackets so nobody reads it) and am happy that we have a more direct player in Smith-Rowe.

1 Like

Buendia - 1 goal
Ødegaard - 1 goal
Maddison - 1 assist

too soon to be making any assertions. the season is long and full of terrors. way to early to be declaring any Ws and Ls.

4 Likes

Maddison’s actually done it in the EPL though, Leicester have been a good team as of late and he’s played a major part in that. His injury has fucked him though and his price should now be reflective of that concern.

Buendia and Odegaard have done fuck all at a competitive level, apart from a previous short stint in La Liga and EPL. There’s absolutely a reason they were both 30 million pound players.

1 Like

Prices have inflated tho. 10 years ago Emi and Odeegard are going for like 15 or 20m. Maddison woulda been a 40m player or so. Think that reflects their value fairly.

1 Like

Yeh I completely agree, I’m actually really glad we got Odegaard you can never have enough technicians but it is a little worrying that we played our best game without him in the lineup.

At the minute though ESR> Maddison, Buendia and Odegaard and I’m not even being dramatic.

Free youth product better than £120m worth or talent. At least we’re sorted at CAM and wide CAM now so no point further chasing your Buendia’s and Maddisons of the world, time to focus on CF and CM.

3 Likes

Same with Saka and Pepe. Could’ve saved a lot of cash there :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

1 Like

Just realised, this guy moving from Norwich to Villa has got two managers sacked. Nice work.

4 Likes

Buendia - 10 games, 1 goal, 1 assist
Ødegaard - 10 games, 1 goal, 1 assist
Maddison - 15 games, 1 goal, 1 assist

collective L for the OA community atm

2 Likes