Emiliano Buendia

I think our wing options are fine, pepe saka martinelli Smith rowe etc have it in them to score and create.

Buendia hasn’t played as a midfielder and we need a few midfielders 1 who is box to box to compliment Partey and one who can sit ahead score and create

We also need a creative player hence the Odegaard interest…

My understanding was that Buendia is a midfielder? I know he plays wide, but I got midfield vibes from him, as opposed to Salah/Alexis forward vibes.

I could have that completely wrong.

But cool, just a difference of opinion then, I don’t think the players we currently have provide enough creativity based on the past couple of seasons of watching Arsenal, whereas you do.

I don’t want creative responsibility to rest with two green youngsters Saka and ESR, it’s too much for them to carry. Martinelli and Pepe, I’m unconvinced of them as creators.

To me none of that sounds like adequate creative talent for the kind of side we’re aiming to be.

Ode is 3 years younger and obviously more talented but as I said in his thread. He’s too mincey for me, hasn’t got that cutting edge or drive but I wouldn’t be mad at signing him for cheaper than 40m.

He plays as a CAM which is a position we lack

He plays on the right wing and drifts inside. Because Aaron’s is a very attacking fullback.

The only one of these players I’d take is VVD. Well pre this injury anyway. Maddison isn’t all that - didn’t even make it into a 26 man England Squad.

IMO these aren’t players that the top teams are regretting not signing.

2 Likes

I suspect United, looking back, wish they’d bagged Maguire from Hull and not Leicester.

3 Likes

You may not be a fan but they are all players top teams have had or could soon have an interest in. I’m not saying clubs are regretting signing them all but most if not all wouldn’t look out of place at a top club.

Maddison his season has been blighted by injury but when he has been fully fit he’s been very good, not making the sqaud doesn’t mean a great deal as he’s never been a fixture there even when he was injury free.

And our team is so good that you wouldn’t take any but VVD?

1 Like

Seriously, have a day off from being a prick.

Obviously I mean that none of the other teams are jealous or care all that much. The media are trying to build up a story about him being important for us etc. He is the least shift centre back. And he is on planet worth £80m.

Maddison’s season has also been blighted by him being a knobhead and not all that great at football.

And yeah, I honestly don’t think the names you listed move the needle for us. Our defence has improved since Arteta came in, so our issue is scoring goals.

I mean, I know it’s cool to slag Arteta off for Fofana getting minutes and us not giving Saliba a chance but Fofana hasn’t been that special. He has simply played football.

This seems so disproportionate, I’m just joining in the conversation and adding my perspective to a conversation being had. In light of the point Darkseid was making, it was totally relevant for me to add what I did.

You give me just as much stick as I give you, throw little barbs my way quite often, I’ve always taken it to be jokey back and forth. I’ve clearly misjudged that lol

Sounds like you just don’t like the player tbh, how is he not a very good player? Leicester are a different side when he’s playing.

As for Fofana yeah don’t agree there either, are you forgetting his age? He’s been very good this season and not looked at all out of place, especially considering it was his first in the PL, he just played football? Sure.

And our defence has improved by virtue of being defensive and being shite in the attaacking third, lets see what happens when we have to open up and actually dominate teams on a regular basis. Probably won’t happen with the fraud at the helm but sitll.

2 Likes

You’re right, Leicester are a quality side when fully fit.

Leicester are a completely different side because they have no other attacking midfield option so they play 2 strikers. Maddison is a good player but his weaknesses are on show often for them especially in big games

2 Likes

I wanna like your post, cos I always do, but, man I’m so conflicted…:confused:

1 Like

Yeah, sorry, you’re not a prick. But you are pedantic all the time. Like I suspect you understood the point I was trying to make.

I don’t hate him, He is a tidy player. I just don’t care for him. Basically, I’m not jealous that they have him. And hardly any one has questioned his absence from the England squad.

Why is his age important? I don’t think you have said anything there that counteracts my point. I never said he was bad.

He’s definitely a prick most of the time, you just weirdly picked on him when he was being nice and pleasant and really far from a prick.

Next drunken Friday night full moon you’re going to be in for it

1 Like

I think Maddison is more than a tidy player, that’s something you say about basic guys in the league but fair enough.

I highlighted Fofana’s age because he played beyond his years in his first season in the PL, it really was an excellent debut season in terms of impact, metrics or what have you. He adapted seamlessly despite limited top flight experience, I’ve been very impressed seeing his overall contribution.

Looking forward to it :rofl: