Emiliano Buendia

I watched him in the Championship, and the PL. I thought he was good in one, and average in the other.

He was great in the Championship and quietly good in the PL, like I mentioned before he may not have scored many goals but in terms of creation he was top five in the league. He was what 22/23 back then? Clearly heā€™s improved.

This is not a player who had an average season, he was 4th despite playing less minutes (2,462) than both Grealish (3,234) and TAA (3,176)

The point isnā€™t that he was great, however, he was good and could be said to not be playing with those on his level during that season.

3 Likes

Iā€™m sad xG wasnā€™t used. Thatā€™d be the clincher.

3 Likes

Your response sounds about right for someone which such a lazy and ill informed argument.

As you were.

1 Like

Not even a Youtube compilation!

2 Likes

Fucking love it when people get weirdly obsessive over random players to the point you can tell theyā€™re fuming because someone doesnā€™t buy into it.

Willian looks good on that chart. Maybe we shouldā€™ve signed him last season. Always a good defensive winger who takes set pieces.

Maybe we can play willian on one wing and buendia on the other and they can just run about the whole pitch tackling taking corners and not scoring goals.

Canā€™t believe we never got this dream.

1 Like

Weirdly obsessive how?

Thatā€™s funny because youā€™ve clocked up plenty of posts about this guy whether itā€™s in this thread or others , itā€™s a forum?

And donā€™t be disingenuous, Willian objectively had a good season in 19/20 and I donā€™t even like him. Additionally he came here for a pay day. What about the other players on the list?

Are any of the other players like Buendia? Heā€™s not a CAM or midfielder, well heā€™s never played there. Heā€™s not Salah or a goal scoring winger. So again it doesnā€™t work. Heā€™s not trent. You posted stats of him being a defensive chance creating wingerā€¦ so Willian.

regardless of stats Willian was straight horrible in his last season for Chelsea. Go on a tour down memory lane on sky sports or something

Of course it works as those are the players he is keeping company with in terms of creation. TAA for example is tasked with creating the lions share of chances for his team, his role isnā€™t that of a typical defender for example.

As for Willian it was a good season, now youā€™re just making shit up. They wanted to keep him, they werenā€™t keen to offload him.

But he still has to defend right? Being a defender and all, just like Buendia being 1 of the 3 forwards for Norwich, should be scoring, but instead we shall post stats of a forward who tackles. Because thatā€™s definitely what Norwich lacked that season.

So?

So youā€™re try to downplay how good he was in terms of creation because heā€™s keeping the pace with TAA who is essentially a midfielder masquerading as a defender?

My point was he quietly had a good season despite not scoring many goals

Nope Iā€™m saying all these other players had jobs, defend, score goals control a midfield as well as create. Buendia createdā€¦ and tackled as a forward. Thatā€™s not what we need

Yeah he had a good season. So did cantwell aarons pukki ( for a few months) Godfrey. Team has/had alot of talent

So why did no one go in for him? Even now, Villa basically had a free run.

I think he is a good player by the way, and if we signed him I wouldnā€™t complain, but I donā€™t think he is that amazing. Iā€™m not bothered they we missed out. Villa is probably his ceiling. You seem to have watched a different Championship season to me.

Thatā€™s the thing. Iā€™m not talking about what we need right now, Iā€™m saying he quietly had a good season in a response to someone who said he was average and played well in just the Championship.

You mentioned obsession like you arenā€™t in most threads trying to downplay the guy, more often than not when heā€™s mentioned in the transfer threads for example youā€™ve created a post in response so donā€™t try and frame it like others are obsessed mate.

@Phoebica: like I mentioned in another thread who went for Maddison at Norwich except Leicester? Same with Maguire at Hull? Soyuncu? Fofana? VVD at Celtic? Top clubs donā€™t always get it right tbh and for arguments sake say he shines at Villa after a season or two he may get linked with bigger clubs proper. Sometimes they go for players after theyā€™ve seen them shine for smaller clubs rather than taking the chance on them before then even if it means paying more than triple what they were available for previously.

And watched a difference Championship how?

Did all those players have a full season in the Premier league first? Surely if he had these great stats in the prem that would make a big difference? I remember GC making this point with Mount Vardy etc but they never had a full season in the prem before being given a chance.

Also how many people on here watched Norwich just for Buendia this number must be mind-blowing on here.

I mean he had amazing stats for the Championship

1 Like

He had very good stats before he got promoted the first time.

Did they translate well

Iā€™m not even going in to bat for Buendia as Iā€™m not clued up enough on him, but I donā€™t know how anyone could say that we donā€™t need a midfielder that creates?! That seems like one of the things we need most after watching Artetaā€™s turgid football.

Heā€™s a forward. And he had 0 ice infront of goal in the Premier league.

Pepe Smith rowe Saka Auba

Partey Tierney they can all create enough chances if Arteta allowed it.

Thatā€™s a bit of a non sequitur. You said we donā€™t need a creative player, your response to me questioning that is that he didnā€™t score goals?

Thatā€™s true, he didnā€™t score much in the PL, but itā€™s not really relevant to the question of whether or not Arsenal need more creative midfielders.