Emiliano Buendia

Neves was called a Fabregas regen in the Championship.

Yeah he was unbelievable. It was obvious that he didn’t belong in that league. And then he carried on that form in the PL.

I didn’t get the same vibes from Buendia in the Championship. He was good, but he never looked like he was doing charity work by hanging out in the lower division in the way Neves did. Plus, we’ve already seen Buendia in the PL, he wasn’t outstanding then. Perhaps he has grown and will be better this time around. But I don’t see him being a world beater, so that’s why I’m not bothered about not signing him (this is assuming we sign someone better instead though, lol)

Nice work by Villa, hopefully they can keep Grealish and they have some quality attacking talent playing together.

1 Like

Hopefully they sell Grealish to us

2 Likes

We simply won’t be getting him, after hearing the names we’re linked to so far this summer the dream is over.

3 Likes
Will Grealish be moving this summer transfer window(2021)?
  • Yes
  • No

0 voters

I can see City getting him

Buendia speaks too much as a natural replacement for the opposite flank imo, he’s definitely moving.

That’s why I’m not into using Buendia going to Villa as a stick to beat our own club, like other fans seem desperate to do.

We’ve already seen him in the PL, and he wasn’t great. Was bang average in a terrible Norwich team that would have been relegated a lot sooner if it weren’t for Pukki having a great start to the season.

So this feels very FOMO.

3 Likes

If Buendia is being bought with the money that they’ll get for Grealish, they won’t be as strong.
If he he is bought to play alongside him and they get a couple more decent signings, they could easily finish above us.

Aston Villa were challenging for a top four place before his injury and then they dropped off but as soon as he came back they looked a different team.

It’s clear we’re not even going attempt to get Grealish because, if we were, we wouldn’t be making bids for Buendia, unless that’s just a smokescreen and we’re going to go crazy in this window.

1 Like

If being one of the best creators in the PL and having abnormal defensive stats for an attacking minded player playing for the worst side in the league is bang average then I don’t know what to say. :zipper_mouth_face:

1 Like

The myopia is real

Nope, it’s a false narrative that people keep banging on about that makes no sense really.

It makes sense when you watched him play.

Well, he more than passes the eye test for anyone who has watched him play often enough.

1 Like

In the Championship he looks good.

He wasn’t bang average when in the PL, that’s actually bollocks.

He may not have scored many goals but he played well despite that, was easily the best thing about Norwich that season.

1 Like

Didn’t mean to pick up on you btw, I know many in here share that opinion.
I have no issue questioning us going for an unestablished player like Buendia. I think it’s a very valid argument. I’ve questioned it myself.

I just don’t understand the narrative of him not doing well in the PL.

1 Like

I must have forgotten the PL sensation that was Buendia.

2 Likes

I don’t know what you forgot but your argument is shite.