Emiliano Buendia

Yeah targeting his profile is ideal considering we are a bottom half club now a days

3 Likes

We should aim getting the best players from the Championship more often actually. In certain aspects the level there is higher than the rest of the supposed top 5 leagues in the world(Spain, France, Italy and Germany).

Plus, the players cost way less too.

1 Like

This Buendia remontada. Heā€™s carrying Norwich back to the PL. :sob:

2 goals, 4 assists and 1 penalty won in the last 2 and
a half(HT against Rotherham now) matches.

1 Like

Odegaard is better.

6 Likes

Jordan Rhodes. Tom Ince. Adel Taarabt. Anthony Knockaert.

I could go on. The Championship has had a host of players who didnā€™t live up to expectations in the big league. I know Buendia has already been in the PL, but he wasnā€™t that much cop then. I just donā€™t see him being valuable to a club with CL aspirations.

And in my opinion, he isnā€™t even the best player in the Championship anyway. Kieffer Moore has been smashing it. As has Ivan Toney, Michael Olise and Harvey Elliott. To name but a few.

Actually, Iā€™ll got further and say Buendia isnā€™t even the best player at Norwich right now. Whenever I watch them, Cantwell is the one balling, and I hate to say it, but Oliver Skipp has been great for them too.

5 Likes

Sorry but this is just false.

He was the best thing about Norwich and played in a crap team and yet shone game to game, a lot of what I see aimed at him looks like snobbery tbh just because he plays for an inferior team. If those around him could finish heā€™d have probably finished with over 10 assists last season easy.

He was excellent in the season in which they got relegated, on what basis is anyone calling him a player who couldnā€™t hack it at a better team? In what area of his game is he not good enough for a shot? Iā€™ve yet to see a credible argument for talking him down.

Like I said it comes off as snobbery pure and simple, Cantwell best player for Norwich on what planet?

1 Like

Lol itā€™s definitely not snobbery. I love the football league and will happily praise any player I see fit.

Iā€™m not actually saying Buendia is rubbish or anything either. When I said ā€œnot much copā€ I meant I didnā€™t see enough to convince me he was top of the PL team worthy. Yes I know weā€™re not there, but we are still considered one of the ā€œbig 6ā€ and to me I have yet to see anything to convince me heā€™d improve us or improve one of the other ā€œbig 6ā€ teams.

1 Like

That was not specfically aimed at you but it seems like the fact heā€™s playing for Norwich is being used against him.

And last season not only was their most creative player he was also the most tenacious with his defensive contribution, from what I saw last season he is a player that can play for a top club. Heā€™s versatile, creative and a beast defensively.

He hasnā€™t missed a beat in the Championship and is also addiing goals to his game which was the only slight on him last season, like I said yet to see a credible argument as to why heā€™s not good enough which is why it seems to me like snobbery.

Odegaard has done sweet FA in the league by the way and yet so many are getting gassed.

1 Like

Still. Odegaard > Buendia.

5 Likes

Just loving the hype from a guy who had 36 apps 40 shots 1 goal, he plays as a winger most of the time even in the championship so clearly not trusted as a cam

No idea why we need a player like that, like heā€™s good for a shit team. But heā€™s not displacing auba sake pepe martinelli

It was his first season in the PL playing for a garbage team, heā€™s a versatile player who can play #10 too which he did when he played in the PL.

@SDGooner: Because you say so yeah sure, I suppose you regularly watched him in Spain then? And who says Odegaard is going to sign here anyway?

What has this to do with, Odegaard > Buendia? Btw. Youā€™re saying/implying Odegaard is not better than Buendia, or what?

What does you bringing Odegaard up have to do with Buendia especially in the context here?

Iā€™m not making up my mind on Odegaard based on not even a handful of games, I suppose all these guys regularly watched him in Spain.

1 Like

Which is fine. But when you have watched enough you will agree that, Odegaard > Buendia. Sure of it.

Nah, I havenā€™ actually.

This is a Buendia thread in which weā€™re discussing his qualities, mentioning Odegaard is random and does nothing for the debate on hand.

No one can is actually assessing what Buendia can or canā€™t do, just making statements based on the fact he played for Noriwch which is funny to me like I said snobbery.

1 Like

Who has actually rejected him based on the fact he plays for Norwich?

If anything, I think he has been built up too much. People who donā€™t even watch him want him because that is what other people tell them they want.

Iā€™ve seen a lot of buendia actually, I loved their team, Aaronā€™s Godfrey Lewis buendia Cantwell are all great.

Buendia just doesnā€™t have the impact youā€™re portraying at all.

Tbh thatā€™s the sense I get from @Stroller @SRCJJ and more.

Iā€™d say thereā€™s more suggesting heā€™s not good enough rather than the contratry.

@SpankyJoyJoy: Well thaā€™t not true is it? Do you know what he was doing in the PL? Please see below. A young player of this profile isnā€™t potentially good enough for us?

2 Likes

Buendia is a gamble, but so would Jack Grealish have been when he was in the Championship with Villa.

Itā€™s impossible to say whether signing a player from that division works out. (Unless said player has already played in the PL and has experience)

1 Like

Thatā€™s genuinely not how I feel haha. I just think that when a player leaves a club of Norwich profile you have to understand the difference in step up is immense across the board in terms of coaching, pressure, expectation, scrutiny etc etc so you have to look at a players mental profile as well as his play attributes.

A significant number of top talent shone at smaller clubs and made the step up so itā€™s not about who he plays for just understanding that sometimes itā€™s not just how good you look at a smaller club but everything that comes with stepping up.

For example as good as I think Ziyech is, I said for a while I didnā€™t think he was ready for a big club because of his mentality and stuff so itā€™s more just - Buendia could be good and he could be amazing. But Iā€™m cautious until I see it.

Iā€™d be happy with this signing even if I donā€™t actually rate him that highly