Emiliano Buendia

So we are agreed that we should go all out to sign Buendia in the summer, but I disagree with you on where he would/should play in our team.

Norwich consistently deploy Buendia on the RW in a 4-2-3-1 with Cantwell on the LW. Personally I am a firm believer that you play players in their best positions. Buendia has scored 14 goals and 16 assists so far this season. If we buy him, why would we play him in a position where he could be less effective? He should play on the RW for us.

If we are going to challenge again, we need two good players in each position. If we are sticking with 4-2-3-1 (and personally I hope we do), we need 6 players in attacking midfield.

RW - Buendia / Pepe or Saka
LW - Martinelli / Pepe or Saka
No.10 - ESR / Ødegaard

That for me is a very strong, young (with bags of potential to improve), attacking midfield.

I personally don’t like the idea of trying to utilise either Buendia or Ødegaard as a No.8 - Buendia is more effective on the RW and Ødegaard is a natural No.10 and is most effective in this position. Yes we need versatile players who can deputise in different positions to cover injuries, but if we have the pick of players, we should play each player in their most effective position.

We can strengthen midfield further in the summer with a No.8 to play alongside Partey and provide competition for Xhaka.

Buendia, Ødegaard, and a No.8 should be our priorities in this summers window, along with a back up left-back for Tierney.

I still think we will also sign a replacement for Bellerin and Laca as well.

2 Likes

Seeing him very consistently this season I don’t think his starting position matters much. Buendia is given complete freedom. You’ll find him often coming in deep, joining the double pivot or he’ll join Giannoulis and Cantwell from the left and let Aarons cover the right flank. He has produced some brilliant stuff from the left this season. He’s very much like Cazorla and Alexis who both used to do that from wide positions and end up with heat maps covering the whole field. :sweat_smile:

As for Odegaard, the best I’ve seen him personally was at Sociedad in a deeper role than #10. It was moreso a modern #8.5 role. I think that’s his long term position. We saw it at West Ham in the second half when we had Partey, Ode and ESR in midfield. It was very promising so hopefully we see it soon too.

Anyway, I would love to have them both in the summer and they can cause us all the headaches they want about where to play them. :sweat_smile:

Big summer for the club. Hopefully they deliver.

3 Likes

Well lets hope for a good summer
main thing will be to secure Buendia and then we can argue about his best position!

1 Like

Can’t see us signing both of Ødegaard and Buendia

1 Like
3 Likes

Just saw someone posted it. Buendia was on it today. Unlucky not to have an assist/goal.
Oh well, he has 31 this season already. :wink:
Was hoping he could bump it up 35 before his season ends.

Look at the bright side people. We certainly ain’t signing Odegaard and we definitely ain’t signing Aouar.
Only one guy left

Gotta weaken our rivals Norwich. Will be tough next season.

1 Like

Do you think they will hire Arteta?..Honestly?

1 Like

I would swap Arteta with Farke tonight. :rofl:

I would swap Arteta with ANYBODY tonight

1 Like

Should have said Farkeing anybody. Missed opportunity.

3 Likes
3 Likes

Yeah watch him come here and them numbers drop to record lows. Arteta will drill that creativity out of him and have him playing out of position passing backwards and tracking back to help out the left back who’s really a CM cutting in to support our cam who’s playing on the left wing. Levels to this shit bro :joy::rofl:

14 Likes

Glad he’s found his level

3 Likes

I think Messi would do good in the Championship aswell.

What a weird tweet lol

9 Likes

Norwich wouldn’t. :grinning:

1 Like

Those are special numbers even if it is the Championship. Just looking back in previous years and no ones come close to those numbers

1 Like

Those championship playmakers can be so hit and miss when they get promoted

Taarabt, Knockaert, Benrahma all spring to mind that tore it up in that league. Grealish is one of the success stories that springs to mind :grin:

2 Likes

So many people fuming reading this lol

4 Likes

When the fuck did this become a thing.

12 Likes