Emile Smith Rowe (10)

I was bored and started looking at some of his game highlights after the restart. It would be foolish to count on him too much but I am very hopeful that he could help us in a supporting role next year. In this last run of games he played for Huddersfield he looks like a different player than the guy we saw at Arsenal previously, physically stronger, much more confident and decisive, and much more determined to drive forward with the ball or play positive passes. Its still not consistently coming off for him yet in the final third but I think he has the quality that it might eventually if he keeps playing with this sort of mentality.

One example here.

2 Likes

I’m pretty sure I remember the Huddersfield manage saying something similar. He’s come a long way and is very talented, but he still has a way to go. He looks ready to step up and play some part, but he isn’t ready to be a starter or a regular in PL matches. Hopefully he’ll get plenty of game time in the cups and can contribute off the bench in PL and show he’s ready to be part of the squad.

1 Like

He has a nice combination of being able to drive the ball forward with his pace and picking percetly weighted through balls. I’d definitely be curious to see him get chances next season.

2 Likes

If this guy fires like Saka did last season, we are finishing top 4.

1 Like

Too many projects. Get something in now or we will pay like on the last window.
We cancelled the Xhaka move and finished nowhere.
Same problem exists. Sort it now.

I love this. Just what we are missing.

I want him to kill it for us so bad next season. Him and Nelson especially. They have so much talent.

4 Likes

Like the cheek… good creative instincts… I’ve liked him for a while and while it is certainly true that any prospect has low chance to succeed ultimately, he is one I am pulling for… I know people will say “he is very different” and that is true, but I still think for whatever reason he reminds me of young Cesc.

He never shows that arrogance on the ball when he plays for our senior team. Plays it really safe.

Needs to pump some collagen into his balls and take his chance next season. Seems like the biggest hurdle will be whether he continues to play safe, or if he decides to express his talent by taking risks.

5 Likes

:pires2:

Arteta believes in him. ESR madness incoming for this season?

6 Likes

Good luck to him… Hope I’m wrong, but still don’t think he’s good enough…

1 Like

Arteta believed in Maitland-Niles too. And Nelson. Looks like the first is a goner and the second can barely get a game in.

A loan to Monaco would be surely good for his development. I rate ESR right behind Saka and Martinelli but we can’t keep relying on kids in the league, would rather see him play constantly somewhere else for a year.

1 Like

I think we need to keep ESR. If there is a PL side willing to play him regularly, then a loan could be good for him to get a better sense of his abilities. But he has shown promise and we are short in the creative area, so I definitely wouldn’t want to be selling him this season. Find someone to take Nelson.

I also think we have to keep perspective on what Arteta says about some of the youngsters. He isn’t going to bash them. If asked a question on a young player, he will definitely find some praise in them, especially has we had to use them more than he probably wanted to last season. Plus, hopefully it’ll help keep some decent value on them. For me, I think comments on ESR are very true. I think Nelson needs to go.

The manager publicly coming out and saying he doesn’t believe in a player isn’t going to do much for his confidence or value now is it? :joy:

2 Likes

We should be able to give him about a dozen games between now and Christmas across all comps to see what he’s got. I wouldn’t loan him out prior to that.

3 Likes

Agree. From the sound of things, that looks to be the plan.

1 Like

He could just not say anything though right?
Arteta has thrown some shade on players already, so I think he’s not scared to call someone out.

But they have been experienced players and worded carefully. I don’t recall him coming out and praising some of the youth players without it being a response to a question. If they are training hard, what’s he going to say.

Albert Stuivenberg working with ESR after the match.
Hmmmmmm…

2 Likes