Emile Smith Rowe (10)

Thats what Arsene was renowned for allowing players to develop and trusting in them, if Arteta does the same kid will flourish !!

1 Like

I always felt Arsene was good at bringing youngster in from other youth set ups and fitting them into his system, but i do feel how he set up our youth squads and the coaching was wrongā€¦ anyone who came through our youth set up were scared, extra safe and lacked that oomph and wow that young players often have when they come onto the scene.

Look at greenwood rashford Williams pogba at United, they all have an arrogance and hunger that our youth just do not show at all. Nelson willock iwobi Eddie Niles are all so meh with their attitude on the pitch. No presence what so ever.

I hope Emile is different like Saka.

I just think itā€™s a talent issue. I donā€™t think the youth who have come through our academy in recent years just have much talent. Nelson, Iwobi, Willock are the kind of players who wouldnā€™t look out of place at the lower end of the PL table and I doubt theyā€™d be getting much attention if they were breaking through at a low end PL team.

Players like Greenwood and Rashford hit the ground running because they have talent as well as personality.

10 Likes

He is called brexit KDB for a reason. He was always the most talentet out of the bunch. Itā€™s up to him really how far he goes. Has All the tools needed to become WC.

2 Likes

hopefully he can Emile Smith Rowe Rowe Rowe his boat up the arsenal stream

Get out

12 Likes

want me to rowe down the stream as well?

Stop it

Whoā€™s expecting this kid to have an impact next season? A lot of people seem excited for him.

I donā€™t know if heā€™ll have the breakout season like Saka, but Iā€™m hoping she stays with us for at least the first half of the season. Give him plenty of cup minutes and some PL minutes to see how he does. I do think heā€™ll show his talent but will likely go out on loan come January. Itā€™s why I wouldnā€™t be against a Countiho signing. He could be someone ESR could learn from in the first half of the season. Bottomline, we still need to buy a creative mf with Ɩzil being done.

Thatā€™s my issue. Another half season loan?
In my opinion, if Arteta doesnā€™t trust these guys to start then we should loan or sell them. It doesnā€™t do good to them to be just filling spots in the squad and come for 10-20 minutes in a match to run at tired legs.

The reason they are often kept on in the first half is because they can get quite a few minutes in cup games. In the early stages you want to rest as many starters as possible and give the youngsters a chance to prove themselves. Then if there if you can, bring them on for at least 20 minutes in a PL match. If they havenā€™t done enough to warrant PL game time then loan them and see what happens. If he performs well, decide how well and either sell or promote the following season.

We are short on creative players, which is why I think we may keep for at least half a season. That said, Iā€™d love to see more of our youngsters who look like that could break into the first team to go abroad on a full season loan. There is a better chance for them playing for a team challenging for a title (league, cup, EL, CL) in a lesser league. I think that experience is better than the championship.

1 Like

Again another one without a pre season. Like him but an upgrade loan might be better for now.

1 Like

Honestly the pressure to perform for him may be higher than Saliba.

We donā€™t need a defender to come in and save us. We do need a creative presence to come and save us.

Getting William and then saving everything for a big signing there would be ideal.

1 Like

Thatā€™s an overreaction.

honestly think people are expecting way to much from him next season

2 Likes

I was bored and started looking at some of his game highlights after the restart. It would be foolish to count on him too much but I am very hopeful that he could help us in a supporting role next year. In this last run of games he played for Huddersfield he looks like a different player than the guy we saw at Arsenal previously, physically stronger, much more confident and decisive, and much more determined to drive forward with the ball or play positive passes. Its still not consistently coming off for him yet in the final third but I think he has the quality that it might eventually if he keeps playing with this sort of mentality.

One example here.

2 Likes

Iā€™m pretty sure I remember the Huddersfield manage saying something similar. Heā€™s come a long way and is very talented, but he still has a way to go. He looks ready to step up and play some part, but he isnā€™t ready to be a starter or a regular in PL matches. Hopefully heā€™ll get plenty of game time in the cups and can contribute off the bench in PL and show heā€™s ready to be part of the squad.

1 Like

He has a nice combination of being able to drive the ball forward with his pace and picking percetly weighted through balls. Iā€™d definitely be curious to see him get chances next season.

2 Likes

If this guy fires like Saka did last season, we are finishing top 4.

1 Like