Emile Smith Rowe (10)

Arteta said yesterday that he just isn’t fully fit and that is why they have been managing his minutes carefully

Yea that seems the most likely scenario and good management to be honest.

2 Likes

He’s had some susceptibility to injury from the off hasn’t he, typically not the most robust up until now.

Doesn’t bode well that he’s breaking down a bit in a season where we don’t have European football, hope he recovers soon.

1 Like

Heard he’s been suffering with a thigh injury

Yeah with @Darkseid bit of concern injury wise. Problem trusting in young players whose bodies are still developing.
Worry about Martenelli on this too and why Patino has no chance yet.
Having a young Saka was easier to accommodate in isolation than relying on 3 or 4 regular.

I’m a bit shocked Saka has been so injury free. He has over 100 apps for us and he probably missed a game or two.
Wtf is this kid?

3 Likes

Grumbly groins can hang around for a while and be a persistent problem unfortunately @Stroller. I’ll take Arteta on face value regarding this one.

1 Like

I hope so mate. Just don’t want it being something worse.

1 Like

He had a tight groin before the Everton game. Maybe he was trying to play through until he got told to rest?

Arteta decided to rest a player to avoid aggravating a niggling injury in a dead rubber game against a full strength Liverpool.

Nothing shocking tbh

Luckily the data nerds haven’t won yet and the goals count more than his xfarts/90.

2 Likes

I don’t think you mean dead rubber, last night definitely wasn’t that.

3 Likes

You are indeed correct, having just looked up the term it seems I’ve using it the wrong way for a few years now :joy:

What’s another sporting phrase to suggest the result was a foregone conclusion?

1 Like

A Xhaka sending off.

1 Like

Not fit is he. Hardly moving. Do well to get 70 minutes tonight.

2 Likes

I think he’s got issues with fitness for sure but I don’t rate him out of possession and also think his ability in the build up is not the best.

1 Like

That’s coaching job though because there’s potential galore in him.

One thing about tonight I will say is these postponements did us no favours. Worst thing you can do when you’re flying high is stop playing football.

I feared the Wolves delay would be a watershed moment and I have to say yes you can rest for a week or two but when you come out looking that ring rusty you lost more than you gain.

Not directed at ESR I know he’s been injured moreso everyone else

2 Likes

And a winter break looming too. We’ll be back in 3 weeks not knowing where we stand, and then we’ll have to play midweek games later in the season which is going to undo some of the supposed not-in-europe boosts.

Personally think we click more with Nelli, ode and Saka as the front three despite ESR goal scoring form.