Emile Smith Rowe (10)

1 Like

Next Willock

Not Hindsight but thought he should have started today.

Instead of Laca?

The question is over who? Itโ€™s either Martinelli or Odegaard who gets dropped realistically.

Front four have been doing enough to retain their places for me. Not a knock on ESR but just way it is.

4 Likes

Yeah Martenelli for me. Just because itโ€™s a higher skillset game for me and he has a bit more composure on the ball.
Itโ€™s not a criticism of Martenelli. More that I believe he has more to give against them. The dominance shown in the first half and I think his contribution would of been significant.
Plus I really like him and Odegaard being on the pitch together.

3 Likes

Iโ€™m not sure @Stroller, I think Martinelli offered that explosiveness and was very dangerous whilst it was 11 vs 11, his closing down was good and he had 3 chances to score on separate occasions.

Itโ€™s nice to have 4 options though, the growth of Saka, ESR, Odegaard and Martinelli is all pleasing. Ages 20,21,23 and 20 itโ€™s pretty exciting.

2 Likes
1 Like

Okay whereโ€™s this lad. Not started for a while now.
Even the sub appearances are very late in games. Something we donโ€™t know on a injury?

4 Likes

tight groin

Arteta said in his presser before the match that he hasnโ€™t been fit for a while now due to a nagging injury.

1 Like

Ahh was wonderingโ€ฆ canโ€™t really risk him as we need him in our chase for 4th, but he is exactly the kind of player we were missing today to come on for last 25-30 min.

1 Like

He lost his starting spot while injured and because of form of the three there heโ€™s deservedly having to wait his turn.

Didnโ€™t hear that. Iโ€™m going to start getting concerned till heโ€™s back in though. Just hope itโ€™s minor and nothing serious.

1 Like

His cameos have been rather disappointing if you remove the goals. Heโ€™s certainly not moving like he used to a couple of months back.

Not playing again tonight. If he doesnโ€™t get selected against Spurs we have an issue here. Thought game time would of been useful tonight.

2 Likes

According to the premier league app he has a groin injury

So I believe or maybe donโ€™t. Sunday will tell us more.

What are you thinking @Stroller? A more serious injury or some other problem?