Emile Smith Rowe (10)

Number 10 as well.

Hopefully has no bearing on the new 10 we should be trying to sign

2 Likes

Madders8? :eyes::eyes:

That number is for madders mate :expressionless:

I love that he is asking for #10 and backing himself against whoever we might bring in as another attacking midfielder.

But also a sign of where the club is at right now that we would give it to him.

4 Likes

Yes ladddddddd

1 Like

Dear Aston Villa
Now kindly fuck off .

2 Likes

What, you donā€™t think this is just like a new signing? :wenger:

2 Likes

That showed Aston Villa that we wonā€™t be bullied around by bigger clubs.
They wanted ESR but theyā€™ll just have to make do with Grealish. :grinning:

2 Likes

If thereā€™s any youth product who has the right be our number 10 itā€™s this kid, I honestly believe that the sky is the limit for ESR.

1 Like

Weā€™ll see about that, I havenā€™t seen anything so far that indicates this. I think he averages out like Iwobi tbh

He definitely doesnā€™t have the talent of a Wilshere at the same age

1 Like

He doesnā€™t quite have the same talent but Wilshere is a great example of how talent isnā€™t everything. I think Smith-Rowe will be able to add way more end product particularly in the form of goals, and most importantly heā€™s just not as stupid as Wilshere. I donā€™t think weā€™ll find him continually sliding into dangerous tackles or going through how ever many packs of cigarettes a day.

Iā€™m honestly surprised that ESR has so many detractors on here. The kids talent is so ridiculously obvious and evidence to my eyes. Not only is he miles above Iwobi Iā€™d easily bet the house heā€™ll go on to show far more than Wilshere ever did- not that, that would be hard Jackā€™s career was non existent.

I think weā€™re looking at a Cesc like talent with this kid and Iā€™m well prepared to put my balls in the metaphorical vice by putting that out there.

Time will tell I guess, and Iā€™m more than prepared to eat shit if Iā€™m wrong. This kid is like my anti-AMM agenda.
Not quite an ESR defense force but the true believer force.

4 Likes

Donā€™t think heā€™s same league as Cesc if Iā€™m honest but he works a lot harder and seems like heā€™ll fight for both his spot and the club.

Great news that weā€™ve tied him down, hopefully a bright future.

Too early to label him as any star before him, but I agree that he got talent, miles above Iwobi.

No just no. I like ESR and he may develop into a good player but no way is he ready to be our starting #10.

I think we are looking at another transitional season of up and down results. We wonā€™t be fighting for top 4 with ESR as our only CAM option.

2 Likes

Iā€™m not a detractor, I like the kid and his style I just havenā€™t seen anything yet that suggests his talent alone is anywhere close to Wilshere or Cesc.

I think at 19/20 if a kid is that special it would be pretty evident by now. Thereā€™s nothing really out of the ordinary from him when it comes to technique or intelligence.

2 Likes

Comparing him to Iwobi ainā€™t flattering bro lol.

1 Like

I didnā€™t compare him to Iwobi in terms of talent, I think he might hit a ceiling like Iwobi did. Whether thatā€™s as a bottom half player or a top 6 player I donā€™t know

I think personally Iwobi was always at his level, and probably wouldnā€™t have the career he did if not for his uncle and nepotism. Very different situation for me with ESR.

1 Like

Heā€™s had the better part of half a season playing a bit-part role, alongside Mi Martin and a successful loan spell at Huddersfield to go off of at this point.

Still raw, undeveloped and full of promise. To completely trust him to deputise the AM entirely would be naive.

However, Iā€™m thrilled heā€™s signed long term with us. I didnā€™t doubt it, but found the Villa bids slightly odd.

I really love that we have a core of promising young talent in the team again, all invested in Arsenal, compared to having the wretched cock-knockers weā€™ve had to endure for the last five years.

Welldone The Smith.

2 Likes