Emile Smith Rowe (10)

He could if he gets to his peak level from the first half of last season. Should take him a month to do so if everything goes as planned.

Martinelli in current form isn’t a huge obstacle to get in the starting line up tbf.

Arteta said he’ll be in the squad if he trained today.
Well, look who trained today:

6 Likes

Need him back as an option / competition.

First team needs a spark, something fresh. ESR can bring that, very welcome news

13 Likes

True. He scored 10 goals and had 2 assists in 33 appearances last season, which ain’t the worst in the world imo. Him being back in the frame does add a dynamism to our attack.

3 Likes

The key takeaway for me with Emile last season is that he showed fantastic awareness in the final third. It was quite a leap from the season before and he maintained that throughout the campaign. We also saw him step up in creating stuff out of nothing with his ball carrying.
His combination play was always great so that’s not in doubt. Only question really is if he can stay fit.

2 Likes

Yeah, think he definitely adds something to our title challenge, which is more than welcome right now.

Please can you stay fit until May. We are not asking for much Emile

2 Likes

That’s really great news.

Chance’ll be a fine thing

ESR and Jesus link-up is mouthwatering imo.

Pls.

2 Likes

Welcome back Emile. I’m excited.

2 Likes

Starting for the U21s tonight.

Good to get some minutes in his legs but also suggests that he won’t be involved on Wednesday.

6 Likes

I’m perfectly fine not having him back for Everton. At this point if we can have him 100% healthy post international break, it would be great.

2 Likes

Shouldn’t stop him from being on the bench and play a few minutes if the game allows it.

Not even counting on him anymore this season.

If he can play any meaningful minutes this season in the league or EL, I think it would be a bonus.

I’m not writing him off as a player, but I think this summer is really important for him to get fit and come back in August ready to contribute.

2 Likes

So how’d he go in the under 21s ?

Genuinely only care if he left with no injuries. He could score six own goals but if he’s still on track with his rehab it’s a good sign.

I think both Jorginho and Trossard slotted in very well for us which takes some immediate pressure off this guy but man for his own sake he needs to get back to first team ball asap, I feel like his career is on suicide watch rn

4 Likes
1 Like