Emile Smith Rowe (10)

two things from the video…

1/ no injury from the game
2/ bad execution on a wide open shot

Don’t think he is in any kind of form, in a lax game

If the surgery has dealt with the underlying issue that’s plagued him I don’t see much reason to worry. We know he’s a quality player and if a bit of patience can ensure he’s in at 100% I’m all for it. It’s all about leaving the crock tag behind him now.

1 Like

Is that being played at the ladies Chelsea ground (Kingstonian) Kingston ?

Doesn’t look anywhere near ready

2 Likes

There was a pullback at one point that he was running on to and I think a 100% fit ESR smashes it but he looked slow.

undercooked to say the least. Looked knackered after playing 30 mins.

1 Like

What would Paul Hollywood say?

Probably a good game for him to participate in though. You need these games to really get into it.

1 Like

I thought he done okay overall. Won the header that falls for Partey.

9 Likes

Yeah, I think he’s done OK considering the time spent off the pitch. He probably still needs a couple of weeks at least to get to the proper level.

Needless to say Nelson is clear ahead of him atm.

5 Likes

Clearly not match sharp yet. Looked off in both his two outings since returning. No doubt over his ability though.

2 Likes

An assist on his return is pretty tasty :ramsdale:

3 Likes

As long as he didn’t go off due to injury you can’t really ask much more than what he done today.

7 Likes

Yeah not ideal how he got brought into the game early either.
Didn’t hide and always looking too being involved.

2 Likes

Any word on that? Didn’t catch the post match.

The broadcast I had on switched to rugby right away and also I had to bring :chester: for a long apology walk so not caught anything

2 Likes

Called up to the u21 squad so hopefully gets some minutes under his belt in either of the games.

Nice.

5 Likes

Time to give Saka or Odegaard a rest. ESR has always been the most talented In my eyes!

Good to see him back. Injuries aside, think he has such a high ceiling.

We have only league games left. The time of resting is over.

Best XI every match.

13 Likes