Eduardo Camavinga

There is an English tax! But it’s when English clubs try to buy anyone, not English players themselves :stuck_out_tongue:

I’m naan having that

1 Like

Of course it’s a thing.

You do understand that a tax doesn’t make something the most expensive. It inflates the value of the asset over what it should be.

Eduardo cummy finger

Thanks @GC-Maniac for leaving the poll on public so we can laugh at the people who picked Rice

1 Like

well I mean he is absolute world class talent for a 19yo, he looks more calm and confident on the ball at Real Madrid than Modric does, which is stupid to say but it’s true :sweat_smile: I can’t remember seeing a young kid look more relaxed starting a top bracket club in my life when he first arrived.

I mean he is better on the ball than Rice is, but this season he has not been as good on the ball as last season imo. Not sure why, young player syndrome maybe. And it’s not his fault Tchouameni is a unit lol

Rice is probably better this weekend in the PL with his age and experience advantage, but long term Camavinga would suit our clever Artetaball better. So it’d depend on what you want him for since the real options sound like the opposite: a Camavinga loan as a 6 month plugging a gap, buying Rice sounds like a long term thing.

2 Likes

This is a false choice. As @Powderfinger said, Camavinga is more similar in his style of play to Xhaka / more of a No.8. I know he is regarded as more of a defensive midfielder, but everytime I have seen him play he plays a much more advanced role.

If we sign Rice (and hope we do), he would be a natural No.6 who would sit in front of the defence.

If there is any substance to this, Arteta and Edu may be able to pull off the same trick we did with Odegaard.

A first choice midfield three of Rice, Camavinga and Odegaard has a very nice ring to it :grinning:

100% agree with @Powderfinger here…

That’s a CL winning midfield!

1 Like

Let’s bring in Bellingham, Rice and Camavinga. Sell Xhaka, Elneny and Lokonga.

Rice can clean Partey’s boots for the next 12 months. Bellingham and Camavinga can have a table ladder chair match every Thursday night to see who gets to play.

Easy peasy, why we fighting in this thread?

1 Like

Devastated.

I can settle for that guy at West Ham.

Who would of thought that. Good they let this guy know first.
Totally believable now. Wonder if it was a Madrid connection or Arsenal one.
Wasn’t once I thought this was bollocks.

6 Likes

Hahah, people on social media are daydreaming of him joining us this window.
It’s Zaha all over.
Even if there was genuine interest, Madrid are a bit f’ed when it comes to depth themselves and the season is slowly crumbling.

Out of curiosity Stroller, are you on social media at all?

You’ll be surprised to hear I’m not.

3 Likes

I am actually. Not common and probably not easy either these days. Fair play. :+1:

1 Like

Probably easier for someone of my generation tbh.
I also don’t do WhatsApp groups. I just don’t like being drawn into something taking my time off me.

1 Like

Yup, fucking scoop of the year right there.

3 Likes

Wait a second…then what’s this place? :pires2:

A forum of the team I support. Not a monolithic cringe fest for egotistical bellends.

12 Likes

Well clearly I’m not pulling my weight around here. I’ll redouble my efforts.

2 Likes

5 Likes