Eduardo Camavinga

Come on lads. I know we’re top of the league and flying, and every cunt is envious of us right now…but we’re not going to entice Camavinga from Real Madrid to us

6 Likes

Yeah lol it’s never going to happen. If they slap him on the market he’s got half of Europe after him

3 Likes

Gotta take those baby steps. All we need is a loan and the rest with take care of itself

The disrespect on Rice… :santi:

It’s crazy. Camavinga is basically what Cebellos was to us in our FA Cup run.

I’m not saying that Camavinga isn’t talented as he is, but he’s done little to earn his praise.

Woah brother, that’s a wild comparison.

But I get what you’re saying.
As someone who watches Camavinga on the reg since going to Madrid, he’s definitely not ready to make an impact as a starter yet. There’s a significant dropoff when he starts and when holy trinity of Modric, Kroos and Tchouameni don’t.

I think Rice is definitely the better player at the minute.

Not sure where @oompa stands on this.

1 Like

It’s not even a close call for me.

I don’t like Rice as much as others but there’s clearly a very talented player there. Not quite world class but he’s exceptional defensively.

It’s close as to who I’d like to have in the team between the two.

3 Likes

We are trying the old Ødegaard trick again :grin: well it worked in 2021 :joy:

1 Like

If the choice is try Camavinga on loan with an option or spend 150m on Rice, I think it’s clear.

Doubt he costs that.
But, if by some miracle Madrid make Camavinga available on loan and we have a chance of getting him then it’s a no brainer.

Either he convinces you and you buy hin instead or you he doesn’t and you move on with the plan to sign Rice.

Well West Ham aren’t selling him for less than Grealish money you’d think. The English tax will be high.

1 Like

What kind of choice is that? Who even said there’s a straight option between Rice for £150m and Camavinga on loan lol

1 Like

Is this even a thing anymore? Mudryk and Antony cost like €200m who’s calling that the Ukrainian or Brazilian tax

Grealish and Sancho are the only two expensive English players in the history of football transfers. Outside of those two you can’t find an English player in the top 20 most expensive players ever lol

1 Like

Arsenal twitter were trying to manifest Camavinga on loan. I think that’s the only way we’d be able to sign him. Same with pay over 100m for Rice. Can’t see the fee being lower than that.

For what is worth, my poll is about who you’d prefer. Don’t worry about fees, type of deal or anything like that.

If you could take one just who would it be.

I love Camavinga but I like the defensive qualities of Rice more than I do Camavinga.

1 Like

There was talk that Rice was willing to re-sign with West Ham a while back and that would include an £80m RC. So it’s fair to assume that’s probably at about what they value him, in a realistic sense. Now with one eye on relegation I suppose they might take even less. I feel like we should be working on Rice now and have it in a position to be finalised in summer.

If you can get Caminvinga on loan until then that’s a no brainer. If there comes a point you can get both that’s also a no brainer. Elneny, Sambi and Xhaka might all be shifted on in summer and it’s time to think about really building a central midfield to compete in the CL.

I’d love either

Rice is nice.

But Camavinga is black bean egg fried rice

2 Likes

I’m picking Rice all day.

1 Like