Edu Gaspar

PR or not, love to see this.

5 Likes

Me too. Thatā€™s why itā€™s great PR

This guy played in one of our best sides ever, one of the best footballing sides this league has ever seen.

Surely he knows this isnā€™t anywhere near that, and will never be under Emery? Surely he has to fire the trigger?

1 Like

Itā€™s not up to him

1 Like
1 Like

Gazidis strikes again huh @Electrifying fucking hell did the guy do 1 thing for the good of the club since he was hereā€¦he got tens of millions to create a circus, us fans could have done a lot better without the millions although the millions would be nice too!

1 Like

Actions speak louder, and It is telling that the new management basically want to undo many of the big things Gazidis did.

Whether thatā€™s for the best or not I dunno.

More info^

3 Likes

CUNT.

Aye sorry about the above bro, thanks for finally making the correct decision.

Shitty reports have him as kingmaker for the new manager.

Love the art of Mertesacker :slight_smile:

Edu looks sexy in a suit. Dresses the part.

1 Like

In my dreams he is actually a forward looking executive and we have stumbled into a visionary DoF and coach combo.

Probably like a 5% chance that turns it to be true but let a man dream.

2 Likes

Man brought us Tite to Brazil (best Brazil Iā€™ve seen since 2005) and Martinelli.

I want to believe (and get erect).

1 Like

Seems Iā€™m not as easily aroused as some others.

Just looks like a photo of two distinctly average looking men to me :man_shrugging:

2 Likes

Edu absolutely, but Arteta dreamy.

1 Like

shut it and get that door painted

The Athleticā€¦

Itā€™s also worth noting that this will be the first transfer window in which technical director Edu will play a full part. The Brazilian has kept a low profile since arriving in London but has been revamping Arsenalā€™s recruitment department behind the scenes. Thereā€™s not only been a streamlining of personnel but a thorough evaluation of everything from digital software to scout deployment. Arsenal were keen to ensure that Edu could not be fully credited (or indeed blamed) for Arsenalā€™s summer but he is expected to be more prominent over the next month or so.

1 Like

Iā€™m interested in Eduā€™s recruitment process from here on in. Iā€™d like us to be more money savvy and look to buy players behind the curve than simply go for what is already hot property. Mentions of Partey being a potential target excites me, especially with Xhaka half way out of the door, however thatā€™s a circa Ā£50M transfer right there.

The hope is that both Edu and Mikel are on the same page on how they see this team playing and they recruit players that suit that system. We obviously need quality but it doesnā€™t have to be of a world class nature. An example is Klopp; he excels with players you would have reservations about (a number of them at least; Milner, Wijnaldum, Henderson, Lovren).

Relying on luxuries to perform individual moments of brilliance is great when you already have a solid core group of players that know a system inside out. We really need to build that core first before buying into the over-inflated transfers this club has offered up for many years now. Mikel talks of wiping the slate clean with the players, this clubā€™s recruitment approach needs to apply the same methods too.

6 Likes

@AbouCuellar we may have just hit the jackpot :giroud2: :giroud2: :giroud2:

9 Likes

Seems the title is up for grabs now, if Rotund Raul isnā€™t keen.

Arise Don Edu.

3 Likes