Edu Gaspar

What a load of BS

7 Likes

I saw the Instagram post from Arsenalā€¦ Welcome Home!!

I mean, yeah if you can class the Emirates as home even though you played at Highbury and only for 4 seasons :ok_hand:

2 Likes

Welcome back Edu.

com_vanpersie25_jpg_1345596cl-8

Remember the shirt swap at half time :skull:

Welcome home Edu :slight_smile:

A king amongst men.

8 Likes

I Like Edu but tbh bla bla Iā€™ll judge him by his signings.

1 Like

Martinelli is one of them

So like he says we will judge him when we see him play.

5 Likes

Maybe you should stop acting like there are proper criteria on which these guys are appointed. Marc Overmars, Michael Zorc and Monchi, from the top of my head, are only appointed because they were former players of the clubs they are working for. Iā€™m sure if we do some research that list can be a lot longer. Or you have to believe Edu is not an Arsenal man.

Itā€™s more important how Edu/Sanhelli are going to restructure the scouting network.

Would like to remind he cried during his last game for us. So he must have some affection towards us no doubt.

4 Likes

Clearly crocodile tears

Edu and Emery probably already have an relationship from their Valencia time, no? Canā€™t be bothered to really look it up.

Definitely.

Gaspar the friendly ghost

7 Likes

Initially I was dubious but itā€™s good that thereā€™s some fresh blood around here with new ideas, there will be a couple years of pain but I hope this new set up steps up and takes us forward.

Edu has been appointed with a role that is perhaps more pivotal than ever before, hopefully he kills it.

2 Likes

Will probably have just as much impact as the other ā€œbig nameā€ personnel signings weā€™ve made like Burgess, Forsyth and Farhmy.

Which is to say none whatsoever.

6 Likes

Always liked Edu as a player but that was way back in the good old days, when Arsenal were a big name in England and Europe, on and off the field. That isnā€™t the case anymore and am not the same fan I was then. I am more cynical, less optimistic and generally disheartened by all things Arsenal.

So while itā€™s good to have an ex-player take up a crucial role, and I wish him the best, am going to judge him by what he does for the club.

4 Likes

This is a role where the person in charge can exert actual influence though.

1 Like
1 Like

Edu must wonder what he has walked in too.
He used to play in a midfield with Vieira, Ljundberg and Pires, playing in front of great defenders like Campbell, Toure, Lauren and Cole.

Now he has to sort out a midfield whoā€™s best players are Iwobi, Torreira and Guendouzi with a defence that is full of mid table mediocrity.

He might get us a few good young Brazilian kids but realistically we need a whole new structure to the way the club is being run.