Edu Gaspar

We’ve signed a midfielder from Porto and looking likely Jesus is next. So I don’t follow

We were supposed to be signing a striker with in January but the rumours never materialised.

As far as I see there is a 20m difference between City’s and Arsenals valuation of Jesus and it’s not like he’s so good that City didn’t see the need to upgrade him.

How’s he covering the full back sick notes?

Where is the centre midfield to cover Partey injuries/ Xhaka upgrade?

He can have a cigar when rumours turn to reality and he’s finally pulled the finger out of his arse to fix this squad so it’s genuinely competitive for the top places.

5 Likes

Tbf to Jesus, City found themselves in a ridiculously fortunate situation. The best young nine in the world had a release clause AND family history with the club. Someone had to get moved out to make space for Haaland.

It’s not like they’re replacing him with unproven talent, they’re replacing him with some weird cyborg goal machine.

I feel like some people think we need 10 players this summer or something.

5 new signings to strengthen our squad is an absolutely superb summer.

• Leno replacement sorted
  • New attacking midfield option sorted
  • Clearly searching a left sided defender to cover / replace Tierney / Gabriel
  • Strong links to Tielemans to replace Xhaka
  • Signing Jesus to replace outgoing Laca
  • Strong interest in Rafinha so there’s a clear interest in upgrading our wide options too

The club are also conscious of bloating so it’s only sensible to want to shed some of the existing players before signing even more.

6 Likes

It’s tricky though. If they focus too long on dumping guys we run out of time to sign quality players. I think protracted sales for AMN, Bellerin and Torreira would put a real drag on our summer.

2 Likes

Make it happen Edu, so I can make this happen.

11 Likes

:joy: :joy:

Now that’s what I call photoshop hahaha

4 Likes

It will be very risky to just have a "sufficient’ squad.
Sure our “going to be” starting 11 is top 4 material, but our back ups are not quite up to the standard in terms of quality and quantity yet, if having another clean house.

I don’t think Cedric, Holding, Xhaka, Elneny are starting quality but they do have some value for rotation and covering injuries.

you think we can upgrade an entire squad this quick? What you want 8-10 quality players instantly? No squad does this not even money bags city bought all their players in 1 hit it was a succession.

1 Like

“I’ll make this club a Joga Bonito joint”

AFTV footage next season.

Dayum bruh imagine Edu just going ham in the transfer market and saving Asstetas job this next season. Almost impossible to fuck it up from here right?..right?? :thinking::thinking:

Nah this is fucking awesome, Assteta gonna be out of excuses now. Or when he inevitably fails with a stacked squad gonna be exciting to see which Artetasexual will use the winter world cup excuse first, and which one will say Edu wasted a ton of money on shit squad building. Win win proposition for me either way :joy::joy:

1 Like

That sounds like bitch crying to me.

Going to be hilarious when you go AWOL and leave all your little sycophantic homies high and dry again.

Me leaving actually broke u, u can’t stop thinking about me since it happened lmaoooo :sob::sob:

2 Likes

It was, without a doubt. The single lamest thing I’ve ever seen from someone on an internet message board.

Though as long as you have your little minions you’ll always be back because your need for attention outweighs your acknowledgment of shame. Sad Bois club 4lyfe

1 Like

Is it? What makes you think that I have to report back to Castiel on OA when I decide to leave for whatever reason i need to? I honestly could make u look extremely idiotic for this take but I don’t need to justify anything to some dood online who’s obsessed with me. In reality, “internet message boards” aren’t real life. Im sorry that RL took precedence over OA for a few months, I’d recommend u get out and touch grass if it’s affecting u so bad u feel the need to bring it up about 3 times a day and harass other OA members who had nothing to do with it.

Oh dear touched a nerve have i

I can almost feel the venom in that post