Edu Gaspar

That’s not their job though. And I don’t see what difference it would make either. They are not opinion leaders or anything of the sort.

There are plenty of negative voices about Arsenal out there, just because they don’t have an Arsenal connection isn’t particularly relevant.

1 Like

Tbf negative information is presented in the article about edu, the general tone is far more optimistic though

I actually think edu might be better than what we think.

He has the right idea.

I’ll contend that Arteta is holding edu back more than the other way.

See: edu ready to bring in Guimaraes but Arteta then wanting to stick with Xhaka.

This may not be true. But edu has to assert himself more or he is going down with the ship

1 Like

If Edu doesn’t have bigger balls than Arteta he may as well have none.

4 Likes

Yep

Never any shortage of bollocks around the Arsenal lads.

5 Likes

If you listen to the Arsecast extra he is. He’s been very anti Edu on it for absolutely ages.

2 Likes

Have to concur. He’s pretty down on Edu, to the point where he (like a lot of us) question what Edu’s job actually is.

1 Like

Stupid fake objectivity at it again.

Articles would be more interesting if journalists that aren’t objective would drop the pretence.

What’s Edu’s idea of competitive? Competitive for what ? Top 6 ? Top 4 ? The title ?

1 Like

James is a good lad Elec, back off.

2 Likes

Yes fuck off elec

2 Likes

Tbf I have been a cunt to James. Sorry James.

He’s only trying his best. But he’s no objective and it’s pointless to try.

Just be good, thorough, hard-working and everyone will be happy.

1 Like

It’s tough because he’s trying to move into more objective journalism but most of us know him from his very subjective work at Arsecast.

Isn’t the entire point of him being at the athletic is that he covers arsenal, so it’s inherent he will have an arsenal bias?

He doesn’t have to say, ‘edu, I think you’re doing a shite job’.

But I feel like, ‘you talk of a long term plan but then why are we, for example, seeing a player like Mustafi who won’t be here next season be prioritized over somebody arsenal have invested a lot in, like Saliba?’ is a fair question to ask, and an obvious question even?

1 Like

He did say on his first Arsecast extra after joining that he said to the athletic he’ll join but only if he can continue on the Arsecast extra

1 Like

Totally fair. You or I would ask that question. Maybe James did ask that question and it was batted away, maybe he had to submit his questions in advance for access, we don’t know, maybe he’s not that good of a journalist yet.

1 Like

Yes.

The athletic have club reporters. Arsenal have the most in Amy Lawrence, Gunnerblog and Art De Roche.

Ornstein is more about everything about football and certain big arsenal articles he also co writes

He’s a features writer ffs. Not a great one, not a terrible one.

What a name. Jealous.

1 Like