Eddie Nketiah (14)

Hope he smashes it so we can get about ten mil for him next summer.

4 Likes

doubt he’s going to get much game time with Lyle Taylor as our best striker and then also just signed a decent young striker the other day

There’s a guy who looks like Lyle Taylor on Love Island :smile:

He has played for 14 clubs and he’s only 29! I think Nketiah would get a look in.

Also, just seen on Wikipedia that at international level Lyle Taylor represents Montserrat. The fuck is that?! :laughing:

1 Like

Whoa no idea Montserrat is a country. It’s a very popular font also, that’s how I know it lol.

1 Like

I know where and what it is but I didn’t know it was independent. Thought it was a UK overseas territory haha

1 Like

It does belong to Queen Liz

New number for Eddie too. 30.

1 Like

Surprised he hasn’t gone on loan for the season.

Poor news this. He needs a loan. Emery gave him next to no game time last season after Welbz injury, which tells you everything.

1 Like

I like it. Surely not worse than what we saw from last season. He needs to do the defensive work Emery wants though, but he has good spirit. We could definitely still fit another wide player in as well (on the right).

He’d better hope Martinelli flops then, otherwise he’s going to be warming the bench for the whole season.

1 Like

This doesn’t mean he’s staying. We’ll see after pre-season if Emery thinks he’s gonna get chances. Some would say we were very, very lucky to have Laca and Auba(especially) fit for the longest part.

It was that bad last season that Emery chose not to play him. Tells me he is not up to it.

Because Emery is an exceptional judge of talent right?

He looked promising af at the end of the season. I agree with promoting him. Would rather see him on the wings than Iwobi or Miki tbh.

Let’s not forget how shameless this lad is. Denying Auba a hat trick and the chance to be the clear cut top scorer in the PL like it’s nobody’s business. Lethal.

Or maybe he’d seen the lack of fortitude against shit opposition in the Europa.

He’s just turned 20 so he’s not a complete youth player anymore.

Hopefully he gets some chances this year - feel like it’s a make or break season for him. Let’s see if he is made of the right stuff.

Eddie tries hard etc, but it’s likely it won’t be long before he ends up at a lowish EPL club so he can get some game time.

1 Like

Eddie should get out while he still can. Just like Joel should have.

Cant see him playing more than a dozen games this season and even if he does impress there’s basically no route into regular first team action for him here. I’d love to see him make it but it’s so so unlikely.

2 Likes