Eddie Nketiah (14)

He’s shit playing in a shit league.

That’s all the respect he’s getting from me lol

1 Like

Really. How mate.

1 Like

I really don’t know I just think he’s got quite a natural strikers instinct. I have a feeling he’s going to be a good striker once he develops.

I would’ve agreed some years ago if he was playing for Olympiacos but the past years there has had some proper competition between AEK, PAOK and Olympiacos. I certainly don’t take lightly his achievement. He wasn’t a regular when he went there and has managed to earn a starting and end the season with an deciding overhead kick in final. That’s something out of a 'Goal!" script.

It’s still a poor level of football. The league is shite.

Turkish league is much better.

Eddie Nketiah scored the last goal of the 2018/2019 Premier League season.

Well done Eddie :clap::clap:

3 Likes

Anybody else notice Auba getting a bit pissed that Eddie didn’t cut it back to him? Eddie knew what he did and he had the audacity to not look Auba in the eyes afterwards and went on celebrate it on his own. Ruthless. Love it. :joy:

Wonder what happens with him now, loan or another season as squad player? He was pretty unlucky to have be competing against Laca and Auba(and Wele early on), with both not spending much time out either.

I think a loan move to a side he get game time with in a league that make him a better player might do him the world of good. We should go for a back up striker for cheap who do a job for us for a season or two until Eddie is able to step in.

Eddie is a confident lad, so I’m sure he’s not going to pass up a chance in front of goal. I think the lad has a future here.

Someone like…

He has his fans, If he could finish I would say yes all day long. But clearly the club don’t think so, so he’s moved on.

1 Like

But you’re asking for someone cheap to serve as a back up striker for a season or two just until Eddie is ready. How many players fit that criteria? Who is going to sign for us just to fulfil that purpose?!

I don’t see the sense in loaning him when we realistically don’t have the funds to sign a striker as 3rd choice. Whether he’s good enough I don’t know.

2 Likes

He said Striker

1 Like

He has hardly played after taking Welbeck place on the bench. Emery doesnt fancy him yet, think you have to think of loaning or selling.

Auba and Laca staying fit for pretty much the whole season has limited his chances.

Think he will take Welbeck’s sqaud position as a striker / wide forward. It only takes an injury to our two main forwards for us to be left short of attacking options, so we either keep Nketiah here or buy another option.

If the Zaha rumours are true we could have another possible solution as striker if needed be. Plus, I see Iwobi as a potential Welbeck replacement.

Been enough games were things have gone wrong, and he has not been called upon by Emery. Cant see a future myself.

He shouldn’t battle Auba and Laca for a spot central, he should be battling Iwobi and Micky for a spot out wide. And he should be winning the battle most of the time lol

Likely to go to Charlton on loan @LukeTheGooner

Good. With Auba and Laca there his chances are slim. Looking forward to see how he does.