Eddie Nketiah (14)

He’s not going to make it as things stand, he simply doesn’t have the physicality that’s needed.

1 Like

Looks in great shape. He has put on some significant muscle to make up for his size and he looks sharp af.
Definitely has what it takes to make it here. Extremely unlucky to play in a team with Laca and Auba.

1 Like

6 Likes

I really hate the moron who edited in the Nketiah faces. They were already there anyway, Mbappe is a known Eddie stan.

I’m hoping this is one Chelsea live to regret

6 Likes

Chelsea will probably just sign him if he turns out great lol. We love selling players to rivals

1 Like

I’m big on Eddie and I want him to stay. I genuinely think we’ve got a goal scorer here who can really grow into a good player.

8 Likes

If he’s going to stay he needs to be fed league starts.

Are people prepared for Laca to have his mins reduced to facilitate Eddie?

*Auba

Eddie and Laca had a great partnership last night

Whats wrong with him playing the Welbeck position? Third choice so comes off the bench a lot and starts in the cups and Europa League group stage

2 Likes

Either/or.

Auba looked finished at times last season cos he was played so much.

I don’t consider this effective development for a young player. He’d be better off on loan, playing regularly and developing his game in matches rather than coming off the bench.

I’m starting to lean toward @SDGooner view now, if you believe he has the talent then it’s on the manager give him proper game time now.

I agree, he should be out on loan. Would also allow us to see whether we really have something in him or not. Obviously would need to be the right loan for him.

Wilshere, Sturridge, Welbeck etc all went out on loan earlier in their careers. Barely getting any games here won’t do an awful lot for him tbh.

I’m pretty happy with either tbh. The key just being game time. I’d like to see him get 15-20 apps this year at least.

Perhaps I lean to a loan too, he’d be another unfortunate scapegoat here if he got those apps under us and we have another calamity this season (which isn’t impossible haha).

1 Like

So long as someone is scoring goals I don’t care how it goes down.

If Nketiah gets a loan he will be in exactly the same position as he is here. A back up striker.

4 Likes

If he goes to a team where he is the first choice sub behind the starting guy, then it isn’t the same situation as here where we have Auba and Laca who would be preferred to him down the middle.

Yes, back up striker either way, but substantially different situations and prospects of playing time.

3 Likes

Aubameyang and Lacazette are going to be used together often I reckon. Especially when there won’t be a winger signing. With Nketiah around it’s also easier to rotate. If Emery has the will to play Nketiah there is enough room for that.

2 Likes

In my opinion I’d love to see him stay and gobble up minutes in Europa group stage games and cups. As well as some sub appearances in the league.

He’s composed on the ball and makes good decisions for the most part. I think he’s impressed enough to stay with the first team.

Issue is who is the backup for Auba/Laca if Eddie goes out on loan?

2 Likes

Nketiah will definitely stay and be 3rd choice striker.

He’s one injury away from being a first teamer tbh. We were lucky Auba and Laca basically played every game last season.

4 Likes

Emery did let it slide that Auba will accommodate Laca and Nketiah(when needed).
Personally I’ve found Auba down the right doing a pretty good job. Produced some mad performances for us there. In fact, Auba has always been a great right winger, going back to his Saint-Etienne and Dortmund days.