Eddie Nketiah (14)

He’s just two or three levels below what Jesus offers. We all (I think) accept Jesus not scoring as many goals because he’s so involved in everything. I just don’t think Eddie is good enough to even offer a facsimile of what Jesus does.

Literally anything he did this evening was going to get met with a wave of confirmation bias.

8 Likes

I think a lot of Eddie skeptics were hoping to be proven wrong. I would be delighted if he scored 9 in 14 or something like that. Make me look like a total idiot and we stroll Top 4 and the EL. Win-win.

Edit: That’s what I’m talking about Eddie.

3 Likes

MY BOYYYYY

4 Likes

He starts. He scores. That should quiet the negative energy for a few minutes at least :).

4 Likes

You point to your ear Eddie old son :grinning:

2 Likes

tbf if jesus scored that goal we would all be saying how well he took it…fair play man fair play!

7 Likes

Great take and finish.

That’s because it was a really good finish :grinning:

3 Likes

He had an okay game aside from the goal. I think people have been too negative about his performance more based on the previous doubts they had about him than on the actual performance itself.

Overall I’m happy with this performance. Showed some classy turns with the ball, although had a couple of weak decisions.

2 Likes

Hats off Odegaard. Was ripping my hair out first half, you’ve battled second.

8 Likes

If you could do this every game until Jesus is back, it’d be appreciated.

10 Likes

Let’s not all attack Phoebica, the 6 likers of the post should also be scorned.

@Joshua @Bl1nk @Mr_Nostalgia @Maverick79 @Electrifying @Castiel

aka the Eddie haters

16 Likes

Wait… @Castiel is back?

His movement is absolutely fine and he pulls defenders about well. His energy is good, he definitely needs a lot of refining but it’s total nonsense to compare him to a traffic cone.

4 Likes

He lurks but never posts lol

I stand by @Phoebica on this.

I would love for him to continue this run and do this consistently this is an amazing opportunity for him.

1 Like

I will do :sweat_smile:

Goal was nice. But still not all that impressed with him. There were a few occasions when he just fucked about in the penalty box. Newcastle next week will be a big test for him.

He sees everything

5 Likes