Eddie Nketiah (14)

The question isn’t whether Eddie has the energy, rather if Eddie is good enough to keep us competitive.

I’ve never seen evidence that he is.

2 Likes

The schedule is pretty favorable since we went out of the League Cup.

From now until mid February the only match we’re scheduled to play on short rest is Newcastle (three days after Brighton). Then we’ve got Brentford, City, Villa on Feb 11, 15, 18. I doubt Eddie can play all three but we might have Jesus back right around then and we also could have Martinelli start up top for one of them or maybe even ESR false 9 type thing.

I think if we get a high level forward like Mudryk or Felix and nobody else gets hurt we will be fine.

1 Like

See, this is exactly what I mean when people say “he’s fine as a back up”. He’s only fine as a back up if he doesn’t have to play, or if he makes 10 minute cameos. When he actually has to step up and lead the line, we might as well have a traffic cone up front.

6 Likes

Thought he was useless tbf. Changes the way we play.

Really hope he’s back asap.

1 Like

Looks 1 week away siu

4 Likes

Not a fan but let’s give him the second half.

2 Likes

Am I the only one seeing Neymar? Only the cross earrings are missing.

Well we don’t have much bloody choice!

3 Likes

We sold Giroud years ago…

1 Like

Idk. Jesus on crutches might be better.

Well were not missing his goals. Eddie movement been decent.

7 Likes

Fuck it get Martinelli up front and bring Marquinhos on

Think he had a decent half tbh with you.

5 Likes

awkward-side-eye

huh not sure why the gif is in mini me format but ah well

Yep thought the same tbh not as invovled with the ball or in the buildup as Jesus but has been making decent runs.

3 Likes

Yeah, I think he was active but he’s playing too fancy at times. Trying to beat a man too much or try the fancy pass. Should keep it a bit more simple.
To be fair, same could be said for others too.

Even Xhaka is a bit shot shy today.

Dont really get the hysteria. Has been very decent in the build up. Its not like Jesus was banging them in before he got injured.

4 Likes

I’m seething!

Same. First 20 maybe a bit better than the rest of half but still, he’s not anonymous or anything.

2 Likes