Dušan Vlahović

I’ve had turkey bacon before (even when I ate meat I still didn’t mess with pigs) and it was fine. But it wasn’t anything worth flipping out about.

I’m only messing with you anyway. I could go vegetarian. But vegan is a whole new level. Cheese is literally my life. Asking me to give that up would be like asking me not to breathe

1 Like

This.
If his agent wants a contract clause similar to Halands in Borussia, i would not complain, 2 years of him banging for us helping us to reach CL and attract more good players would be fine.
I’m not saying we are Borussia level, bet let’s not think our pull is anywhere near the likes of Real, Bayern etc… would be a good thing if we add a clause that he must not leave for a PL rival.

I think that’s fair.

The focus of the club should really be to get as much top tier talent through the doors. Are you comfortable with taking risks on lesser known/developmental talents?

1 Like

I agree with the first part. We absolutely should not be signing Vlahovic and giving him an easy out in 2 years.

If we spend €75m on him and he smashes 25 goals a season I don’t want us to accept less than €130m for him in 2 years time.

3 Likes

Specific. How did you come up with that number?

Oh forget it, just realised it is the fee doubled.

Why am i so slow at everything?

It’s actually not the fee doubled haha I just thought it’s reasonable to accept a deal that’s at least a solid €50-60m more than we paid.

When you factor in 2 years of wages and other bonuses and fees we’ll be sitting on over €100m invested in him so would be bizarre to give him an out for the same price we paid

I am. I think it’s something Eduteta have done brilliantly this past summer with Tomiyasu, Tavares, Sambi and Ramsdale. They have my trust in that regard and I think it’s a fantastic approach that could shape our next ten years as much as our present.

Though like I say I do understand where you’re coming from, if it were last day of the window and if I had to decide to sign Vlahovic with a 60m RC I’d reluctantly do it because it’s something that could potentially get us back into Europe which completely changes our finances and stature. It’s just as I say something I’d be loathed to make a habit of.

We have a real chance to get back in the Champions League this season. That’s surely got to be at least a year ahead of the club’s most optimistic projections. If there’s any chance we can get the right striker through the door now, and I think Vlahovic could well be that striker, then we should absolutely invest and take the chance.

Agree, the size of the release clause matters a lot.

Sometimes they are also written to only be active if the player’s club is out of the CL.

I think I’d be comfortable with something like the following: Five and a half year deal but from summer 2024 onward, if Arsenal are out of the CL for the following season then any CL club can activate a release clause of £110m. You can’t get too rinsed on the fee and with the rest of the team we’re building around him if Vlahovic is worth that much then we’re probably making CL consistently.

2 Likes

36 minute Vlahovic insight for those interested

Wait a sec, you slagged off the Dortmund model the other day. What you’ve describes here is their bread and butter

Dortmund are a total tin pot club playing in a farmer’s league though according to some.

He should look at Jovic from Frankfurt and take note of his mistake

3 Likes

I’ve just skipped 90 posts…is something happening or is this just OA?

1 Like

The Dortmund approach is a bit different though. They exist to turn a profit on talent they don’t really keep anyone long enough for it to matter.

They also have a scouting network that prioritises signing teenage talent.

We’ve gone for talent in the first half of their 20s combined with youth academy talent and a sprinkle of experience.

We spent €200m on talent in an 18-24 month spell that’s something Dortmund don’t do to procure talent.

1 Like

We may or may not be signing the best young striker in the world

We have confirmed interest in him from reliable people like Ornstein and that we’re pushing for a January move.

Apparently we are ahead of everyone due to our willingness to put forward a financial package that suits other parties

2 Likes

And we have a player they want

3 Likes

It’s massively different lol

1 Like