Dušan Vlahović

To be fair, it sounds like we are. Every Tom, Dick and Harry is reporting it.

What can we say to convince him and his team though?

1 Like

Well he is a toffee right now

1 Like

Catania or Napoli are the Italian teams to support, but I give you Firenze is one of the most beautiful cities historically and culturally in Italy.

I actually didn’t even do that on purpose. I am funny without even meaning to be. Another skill to add to my CV

1 Like

If we give the player a reasonable out in his deal for CL clubs I’m convinced he’ll come.

I’m willing to take that risk to bring his talent here. It may be a Beta move but it accurately reflects where we are as a club right now

Would be over the moon with this signing. But I suspect Vlahovic will wait until summer to see if the losers of the Haaland sweepstakes are interested. He could end up the main target of a club like City, Barcelona, or PSG. I just don’t see him settling for us right now but if it happens big props to Edu.

1 Like

Barcelona have no money. PSG won’t want him. And he’ll have no interest in that anyway.

If he waits, then that suits us because by then we’ll have proof of our Champions League status.

It’s clear his priority is either Juventus or a massive CL super club.

But I think moving to Arsenal for a few years will be beneficial for him. Even if we get 2-3 good years out of him that’s a potentially world class striker for at least 2 years I wouldn’t complain about that.

1 Like

Hope you’re right!

1 Like

Yeah all this chat, and deep down I know he’ll end up at Juventus

I personally don’t think we’ll do that, nor should we need to. If we were at that point I feel like the Odegaard deal would have been the one. We didn’t take the buy back from Real and it was the correct move.

Odegaard might find himself back at Real some day but at least it will be on our terms, if we don’t fuck up his contract length through renewals. Which we probably will.

More like ordering a pudding and getting an ornately decorated but completely empty bowl.

1 Like

So no different for you vegans then

:ramsdale:

2 Likes

Odegaard deal is very different.

Justified or not, it would appear Vlahovic has alot interest and hype attached to his ability compared to Ode.

Should we need to? I think yes, it’s reported the player isn’t 100% convinced about the club despite us offering the money, I don’t see how you change that dynamic if we’re trying to sign him in Jan. It’s not even a given CL qualification, if we get, will change things either in the summer window

If he doesn’t choose us, I hope he flops massively elsewhere and becomes a massive dud.

It’s all business at the end of the day man. No matter how you cut it we shouldn’t be signing star youth players for high fees with no eyes on making an profit on the exit strategy. Shit outgoing fees are a big reason we ended up where we are now and contrast to that most of Liverpool’s recent success has came from selling as much as buying.

I understand where you are coming from I do but I just think it’s a dangerous long term of approach and a bit of a slippery slope. There are a lot of great players out there and it’s important we remember we are a great club. I personally wouldn’t sell ourselves short.

2 Likes

Was convinced we’d signed this guy when I saw he had his own thread with almost 80 replies already

1 Like

Why can’t you understand that by not eating animals I’m literally saving the world.

If he agreed to a release clause like £150mil or something but chances are slim to none.

Four year deal excluding the rest of the season would be good as he’d be approaching his mid twenties by the end of it.

Have you ever had a bacon sandwich, though?