Douglas Luiz

Yep, great point.

Who gives a shit if anyone is gay, straight or bisexual? Nowadays when a player says they’re gay, I end up thinking “so what?”

We need to watch good football, irrespective of sexual orientation.

2 Likes

Of the only interesting thing about you is who you have sex with, then there isn’t much to you as a person.

If a shit footballer comes out gay, people would automatically think he is only doing that to get attention to take away from being shit.

3 Likes

I feel like they get a hard time cos a lot of people who say they are bisexual are just edgy chicks who want attention lol

My friend suspects the renewal has something to do with the new coach that’s coming in. Villa do have money and they do like to spend, very likely they went big on Douglas Luiz and they’re gonna go big on Gerrard’s replacement.
Pipe dream for them is Poch.

Why not just wait till it’s confirmed though?

1 Like

Very true. But the timing is indeed suspicious.
On the player specifically, I think staying at Villa isn’t particularly bad for him.
His teammate Kamara was in a similar situation this summer, he was close to joining Atleti on a free and had a lot of teams after him but ended up choosing Villa which was a shock at the time.
I would presume Douglas is one of the clubs highest paid players now. His girlfriend is also there and Villa can certainly do better with their squad under someone else. Not too shabby.

Btw, from our side we’ve done well not to give in. It was all very last minute, there were rumours that not everybody was convinced about him as well. No point for panic buys with fees over 25m being touted and I would presume a hefty contract to come with as well.

Now we are at a better state, I hope Edu and co. can focus on bringing in the right midfielder in.

4 Likes

Looks like the gamble paid off. Thank fuck we didn’t get this guy for 30M. Can get someone better in January

1 Like

https://twitter.com/BeardOfTheMatch/status/1661122416741957632

Teta talent ID is inevitable. :arteta2:

Ramsey would be worth an enquiry.

1 Like

As soon as i hear that name i think of our one and my stomach drops a bit

3 Likes

Me with our Luiz

3 Likes

He’s an interesting one but I don’t think he’s really Arsenal quality at the moment. One of those that I would have considered a year or so ago given our state at the moment, similar to Luiz.

Mind you, I’m slowly starting to turn around on some of these guys. I thought I knew their potential but they’re hitting a really high level under Emery that I didn’t expect. We’ll see if it’s just a purple patch from them and they return back to norm next season, but I wouldn’t be shocked if they pull a Newcastle and continue with their momentum going into next season.

1 Like

Be interesting if Emery can bring players he’s used before in.
Be very interesting and opportunity if they land the conference.

1 Like

Ceballos-Banega midfield for Villa in the Conference next season.

2 Likes

https://twitter.com/buendiazboyz/status/1719679221851627552

Favela Gundogan.

1 Like

Douglas Luiz saga #3.

Apparently we’re interested once again in him.

Yes please :heart_eyes:

has been really great since the link with us, would be a nice squad option

He still with the Villa bird?

Nah they broke up about a year ago because he got too jealous over her calendar photos