Dominik Szoboszlai

What were you trying to say there lol

I googled translated madness into Arabic? :joy:

2 Likes

Awar AND Szobzislzslazsz?!

1 Like

This deal is an absolute no brainer. When you look at his age and price even if he doesn’t turn out to be a world beater you can still easily make money on him just looking at his price and age. But there seems to be some serious talent in him.
This would be a vintage Wenger deal.

3 Likes

Why would we want this guy when we could get Eriksen?

2 Likes

I reaaaaaaaalllly hope that is sarcasm, because if it isnt i just dont know what to say.

Our only hope is nobody comes in but we have very little on the pitch to convince him on football wise.
Anyone half decent in and you can forget it.

We can offer him decent wages tbf. Players do like that.

1 Like

Saw he’s on like £10k p/w

1 Like

Cos Eriksen is shit bro :joy:

I thought the same. But somehow Dortmund does seem to attract all these youngsters (Bellingham, Haaland, Sancho) there shouldn’t be a reason why Arsenal couldn’t…

I imagine the conversation went something like…

Agent: Arsenal wanna sign u

Szbo: ewww

Agent: they are gonna offer u 100k a week

Szbo: okay I’ll sign then.

4 Likes

Deal falls through when the agent proposes a ‘Can’t play Dominik as a wing back’ clause during contract negotiations.

Or when we tell him we need to send him out on loan to the Championship for a “transition year”

1 Like

Will he be ours?

Not if he’s the most sought after he won’t…

7 Likes

At the release clause he has and with the fact we are both, null for creativity in our game and without a proper creative midfielder in the squad now that Ozil pretty much gone I feel like we should be aggressively chasing this.

I haven’t seen him enough to outright demand or want that but it feels sensible from what I read and hear. Just feels like the risk/reward profile here suits us for where we currently are at.

If we want to make this happen we should be meeting the release clause 01 Jan and getting the contract negotiation done. Can’t see any advantage of dragging this out or “financing the deal”, he’s a bargain as is so any other club comes in with the RC upfront while we’re trying to agree it in 10 instalments and we’re out. Same goes if we take too long and and a “bigger” club comes along.

I do think Erikson would be a good signing for the purported fee, but given the choice of him and Szoboszlai it’s a no brainer

Seen this on twitter from The Athletic

Arsenal are said to be keen on Szoboszlai but are balancing up whether, having only turned 20 last month, he is the right option for the team now, or if a more proven option is required. Additionally, Arsenal have concerns about his ball retention — very important given how sparse attacking third possessions are under Mikel Arteta — and his defensive capabilities. Given his versatility, he could fit into several positions in Arteta’s plans, especially as a “free eight” in a 4-3-3, similar to the role played by Kevin De Bruyne at Manchester City, or on the left wing in a 3-4-3.

1 Like