Dennis Bergkamp

Haha, I was stuck on the same point too until right near the end :grin:

1 Like

Fucking same, bastards :joy::joy:

Greatest player to ever grace Arsenal in my lifetime, no oneā€™s come close to it since. Couldnā€™t imagine a player of his stature joining Arsenal these days.

1 Like

Amen to that brother!

1 Like

Argh Bergy looks old.

10 Likes

Could probably still outrun Ɩzil

5 Likes

So much love for this man :heart:

1 Like

What really pains me is to see a team when it was at itā€™s brilliant best with Bergkamp at the centre of it. To the shambles we have now. So much declineā€¦

5 Likes

There should be a Saint Bergkamp day on here .
What a masterful intellectual player . Dennis doesnā€™t get the accolades he deserves. One of the greatest players Iā€™ve seen wearing an Arsenal shirt .
Couldnā€™t we do with him now !

2 Likes

Does anyone know any Arsenal fans that donā€™t rate Bergy?

1 Like

Putting Arsenal fans to one side, I canā€™t even think of any non-Arsenal fans that donā€™t rate him!

My experience is that he is universally rated as one of the PLā€™s best by most fans.

An Arsenal fan not rating Bergkamp is akin to blasphemy. Hanging offence

12 Likes

I have one Liverpool mate that used to say he was shit but that was almost certainly 100% designed to wind me the fuck up.

It worked in fairness.

1 Like

Recently on a trip to the capital, I managed to have a bit of spare time and visited the Emirates. So super chilled to just relax and walk around the area on a non Football day in the Summer sun.

Took a photo of the Dutch maestroā€™s statue :slight_smile:

6 Likes

canā€™t be very comfortable to have a pole up his bum

My man :ok_hand::ok_hand:

13 Likes

Itā€™s impossible to not love this man

7 Likes

Is that a basketball?

Godā€™s skill doth not discriminate with the ball

4 Likes

Been reading his book and found it really interesting read. Not the usual bland season by season monotony of many modern players.
Gives his own opinions and also answers questions posed by the writers on most aspects of his career.
Also answers critical opinions of players at Inter in an open and honest manner in probably his lowest ebb in football.
Good insight into to Dutch players and personalities from Cruyff to LVG and the KNVB good and bad.
Best one ive read from any of our overseas players in that era.

4 Likes

Have you read the Vieira one? That was shit

1 Like