Denis Suárez

We’re British. Let us moan!

3 Likes

Apologies, milady.

2 Likes

With Ramsey out, we are one injury away from pretty much needing this guy.

5 Likes

Next season, when Ramsey has gone and Suarez finishes his loan deal, we are one injury away from having no one to fill that space. :wink:

That is why we have the summer window… tbf, in general our issue isn’t really numbers, it is sufficient quality and sufficient top quality.

If we go into next year with a midfield of El Neny, Xhaka, Guendouzzi, Torry, and (Ozil), that is just not good enough if we want to progress.

For Ramsey, I kind of look at it as one reason he was so important to us was as a crutch to our shambles at wide attack… if we had one or two wide attacking players like Sane, Mane, or Sterling, or Salah, we would not need Ramsey at all - we would be better suited to a Cesc or Santi type (one can dream).

2 Likes

You might be right.
A top quality winger rather than a replacement for Ramsey could be a better option.
We have needed a decent winger for a few seasons, so hopefully, after the good season Emery has had, the board might back him and give him what he needs.

1 Like

Yeah in some respects I would almost be ok with a summer that consisted of removing some deadweight and ONE big signing like Pepe… roll the dice with our defense and midfield and injuries coming back and Koss hanging on one more year… having said that, I still maintain we MUST upgrade a CB or we are massively, massively relying on Holding and/or Koss and that just seems dangerous as hell.

1 Like

Lets also add to the not suitable at the moment Eddie Nketiah. We have suffered with no alternative of a third striker.
Pretty obvious regardless of age he isnt going to have much of a future here.

1 Like

Yeah its too bad too - he turned out to be massive for me on FM :giroud:

Having said that, I’d be ok rolling the dice with him as third striker next season if it meant we got a top CB and a top wing attacking player… then the following window a top CM and top striker =)

We should be farming more starlets too - need to snap up a few more and invest and become more like Ajax.

3 Likes

Unos abrazos Denis

Recover well, nice acquainting with you.
Adios

Pathetic episode in modern day Arsenal yet again. Could of done with an extra body in the last few weeks. Reap what you sow.

1 Like

:unai:

1 Like

Something tells me we aren’t gonna activate the buy option :laughing:

2 Likes

bye bye option

1 Like

Best recovery wishes and all that, but this transfer is some peak banter era material.

Another brilliant transfer window

I don’t think the board had any intention of a permanent deal.
They knew that it would be unacceptable to go a whole transfer window without any activity so we got a Barcelona reject in to keep the supporters quiet.

Pathetic from the club, and yet another wasted window where we needed strengthening, but chose to do nothing.
Absolutely proving the level of ambition our board have.

2 Likes

He got injured, is it really pathetic from the club? Or just a potentially good signing that didn’t come off

3 Likes

I think a lot of our fans took this deal way too seriously. It’s obvious that we just wanted cover for Iwobi and Mhikitayran until the end of the campaign, and we never wanted to buy him because we fought hard to make sure the option to buy wasn’t mandatory and that’s what halted the deal for several weeks.

January was piss poor and we didn’t get the cover we needed in other areas, but as an isolated deal I don’t think this one was pure banter material like a lot of people want to make out. It was never meant to be a massively important transfer, just one that gave us cover in an area we had a lack of depth in when Mhikitayran was injured.

1 Like