Denis Suárez

I know he was signed as cover for any injuries and what not, but this whole saga, will surely filter under one of the most pointless signings we’ve made in the last 25 years that didn’t seem to make much sense.

Park in 2011 is another that you wondered what was even the point of having, nor hardly ever saw. Disappeared without a trace.

4 Likes

That’s fine… really most important thing to be able to be definitive one way or another… either he was smashing success and no brainer or failure - that is perfectly fine as we need to know what we are doing this summer.

Waste of a Transfer Window.

2 Likes

But cover was exactly the reason… plus the upside he shows real promise in training, etc. - which he obviously didn’t… no harm no foul and we have sufficient cover in his position for now anyway.

Yeah, it’s worse than the Kim Kallstrom episode. At least with Kim we can feel proud that we gave him the best 10 minutes of his life.

3 Likes

I just don’t know what the fuck this club was/is doing.
Yes, he was signed as a backup, spare… he still needs game time in case he is really needed and you want him to be ready for that right?
Even he was signed as a loan, he should be treated as part of the team, not an outcast because he is not a permanent.

1 Like

Not quite an Emi Viviano situation as Denis has actually had a second of game time.

2 Likes

Not if he looks crap in training… it was emergency cover with some chance of upside… imagine if we had signed him outright…

Sometimes transfers don’t work out, for lots of reasons… at least in this case we are lumbered with another mediocre player’s wages who we are stuck with… that is fine with me.

I think at the time we signed him things weren’t going that well so to sign no one, in a window where we needed strengthening, would have seen the supporters turn even more against the board.
I know Suarez is only on loan but any activity in the transfer market is better than none…just.

I’m sure we’re just saving up for the biggest spend we’ve ever seen at the club, in the next window, when we go and get a world class CB, winger and CM. :grinning:

1 Like

At least we didn’t buy him.

2 Likes

Testimonial in May ? Will never forget all them League and cup winnning goals :hearts:

5 Likes

Arsenal legend for me.

Kallstrom.

Say no more.

Can’t believe us signing someone on loan for depth has russled so many jimmies. :arteta:

1 Like

He’s a loan signing, not a big loss if he’s a success or not. Doesn’t seem like Emery fancies him this time around for rustle and bustle of the PL. Looks a bit light weight and just we’re at this point of the season, we can’t be thrown him on and hoping he hits the ground running for us. Good luck to him, but I be surprised if he’s around come next season.

Kallstrom was worth it for that penalty

What is everyone on when they say Kallstrom was completely pointless, guy had a physical and tangible effect on our first trophy in 10 years lol

Ok we didn’t sign him saying that he would score an important penalty but like at least he had an impact haha

4 Likes

He was a loan. A punt.

Just be grateful we didn’t sign him on a contract.

3 Likes

Did this guy even play a game for us

Might feature now that Ramsey is injured.

Exactly. I also have no idea why people are mad at the Denis loan either (I think I posted this before), we had no money, be angry at why that is the case instead imo.

We have no money so all we can get is a loan as a backup, isn’t it pretty good to get a 25yo Barca player then? And if we don’t get any injuries so we don’t need to use that backup, isn’t that just ideal? Isn’t everything about this actually great except the first point about how we have no money?

5 Likes