David Seaman

I think he went for the ball
:hipster:
:bergkamp:
A bit harsh
:hipster:
:bergkamp:

Better than Schmeichel

Disagree on that one. Unitedā€™s first great keeper in my life time.
Had some right dross in that position before he came.

I suppose youā€™re right. I was almost playing Devilā€™s Advocate, trying to inspire conversation on this one.

In reality, there isnā€™t much between them. The press, the media, United fans would have you believe thereā€™s a gulf in class.

If someone told me Seaman was better, Iā€™d find it hard to argue against.

1 Like

Seaman is streets ahead of Lens.

1 Like
1 Like

:gabriel:

Thatā€™s a wild take from Darren Bent.

I canā€™t recall Pickford making a high profile error for England like Rob Green, Seaman and Scott Carson have, but he is in no discernible way better than Safe Hands

Shame he couldnā€™t hang on in the squad at Arsenal 1 more season and be part of the invincibles.

Darren Bent a Gooner too, shame on you.

I feel sorry for these D tier pundits whose only gig is talksport where they have to make up stupid takes to maybe get a few calls and watches on Facebook.

2 Likes

Get Bent!

1 Like

All ā€˜keepers have a high profile mistake at some point in their career .
Pickford will have them , thatā€™s for sure .
Did Seamen face better strikers when playing for England?

Oh most definitely, Ash. Those late 90s international sides all used to work off at least one deadly striker.

Thereā€™s a dearth of striking talent, comparatively speaking, right now.

1 Like

When Seaman was at his peak he and Schmeichel were the best GKā€™s in the PL and two of the best in Europe and he won titles with both Graham and Wenger.

Pickford isnā€™t even the best GK in Liverpool.
If he was any good he wouldnā€™t be playing for relegation fodder, heā€™d be at a CL club.

2 Likes

This isnā€™t the same logic you were using when describing Richarlison as a top player.

5 Likes

Richarlison scored ten goals and had eight assists in around thirty starts in the PL.
The reason I said that about him was in answer to some who were saying he was no good.

It depends on what the definition of a top player is but stats like that, for a club that was almost relegated, would suggest he is.

As for Pickering, I maintain he isnā€™t even the best GK in Liverpool.

Not being the best goalkeeper in Liverpool is not a negative when the other goalkeeper is in the top 3-5 in the entire world lol

1 Like

Yeah, Pickford is shit

I think thereā€™s an argument that Pickford is one of the reasons Everton survived this season tbh.

2 Likes