David Raya (22)

You think he’s better than Ramsdale?

Haven’t seen much of him tbh, the way I see it he’s on the same level with Ramsdale at best.

Idk, I don’t see him displacing Ramsdale as the number 1, on the other hand he’s probably too good to be happy to spend the majority of the season on the bench. I wouldn’t be happy, he’s already playing in the best league in the world.

As far as I know those are the only keepers (maybe a couple of other names too) who I see as an obvious upgrade on Ramsdale. Him not being at their level doesn’t mean he’s not good enough to be the number 1 for us. Those are literally the best guys in the bussines atm.

He has his mistakes, but he saved us many more times than he costed us the points.

Raya is 28, I don’t see him improving. Is he really at that elite level to be an obvious upgrade on Rambo? If so, I’m happy.

Raya is 27 in his peak years

Buying another keeper for circa £30m doesn’t jive with a competition argument at all

People need to keep it real here

1 Like

Not sure how that applies to my post…

I agree. I think it would be very weird to buy him for “competition”, from many angles.

Again, is he really better than Ramsdale? Only in that case this would make sense.

I responded to your post as you posted last but it wasn’t aimed at you, my bad

Whether he really is better than Ramsdale truly remains to be seen but the fact they’re attempting to get him in speaks volumes, I don’t think they make such a move without seeing him as an upgrade

1 Like

I don’t believe we would be buying Raya as a replacement for Ramsdale.

That’s silly. Every player we buy now is to replace someone

1 Like

When does a club sign two GK’s for £30m ish to compete? You tell me

This signing is an indictment on the long term #1 status of Ramsdale

If the club were as high on him as you then we wouldn’t sign Raya period

1 Like

We’ve bought 65m Havertz as not a guaranteed starter or definite upgrade. I don’t think it’s that wild a proposition Raya could be that too, even if I would tend to agree with the general assessment.

2 Likes

GK position really is a different beast though tbh

Does Arteta think that though? I wouldn’t say yes for sure.

1 Like

I’d argue the fact we’re attempting to sign him in the first place says it all about Ramsdale

Spending the money it’d take says plenty

Didnt expect this hahaha. Love it though. Ramsdale needs competetion and this Guy can take his place in an instant if he is not on topform. Get in.

I’m surprised we’re in the market to spend any more money before anyone goes out.

Raya is a good keeper, and having him here would be a good thing. I don’t know what it would mean for Ramsdale or the “competition” at the club, but I’d be interested to see it play out.

1 Like

You can’t just act like there isn’t any possibility of any other explanation. There is. Wait and see for me.

It’s possible of course I just see it as highly unlikely

It’s a move you rarely see if at all for a reason

https://twitter.com/AfcBanks_/status/1685655283937275905?s=20

How long have we had Raya on our wish list? Surely longer than Arteta has been at the club.

Those numbers would come right down for Raya here as it’s not the game we play and he would see less of the ball here too.

You sure about that?

I don’t see why they’d dwindle like that, perhaps with him Areteta could actually tweak would we do with regard to distribution…

Pretty sure, yea. We’re not turning into a long ball team just cos we sign a keeper with a good record of it. I’ll go further and say even if he stays they come right down as he doesn’t have Toney to aim for for a chunk of the season.

1 Like