David Raya (22)

Well the original tweet said Turner to forest no? I’d expect both Ramsdale and Raya staying if that’s the case.

2 Likes

Turner is a shot stopper and not a ball playing keeper. He is never going to realistically challenge Ramsdale for the number one spot. I think it’s a bit of a rayactionary move from Arsenal but as much as I have grown to like Ramsdale, he needs real competition.

4 Likes

This makes sense.

https://twitter.com/zarsenalfc/status/1685650064251748352?s=46&t=AXaXFdGpC85RzXwk6DBMgA

I don’t think that makes sense at all

We’re not getting him on a free here, the whole too small thing is a joke tbh

You don’t do this kind of move on a whim, it’s a huge statement for the GK position at the club

6 Likes

Yeah 40m on a backup GK? I know mikel is moving mad this summer and emptying kroenke’s purse but that’s ridiculous even by the current standards.

6 Likes

If it’s a #1 replacement then that’s a bit harsh on Ramsdale. He had some goofy moments but he’s been there when it’s counted many times too.

If it’s a strong backup then yeah it’s a sound idea, doesn’t seem like it though.

1 Like

Theres a Ray a hope that this could happen.

Weird move.

You don’t rotate keepers like you do midfielders and you don’t buy a guy like Raya to leave him on the bench

4 Likes

I don’t think Raya is better than Ramsdale but I would be concerned if Ramsdale was injured and we had to rely on Turner. This may be the club being opportunistic given that we got our main business done early. If Raya has become available and we signed him, we would have excellent strength and depth in the GK department.

The club clearly think he’s an upgrade let’s be real here

And the fact Ornstein is talking about it means they’re confident in getting the deal done also

Raya is in his peak years and may cost even more than Ramsdale did, this isn’t for strength and depth he is coming in to be his replacement

Even if Ramsdale still starts the season it’ll be on the shortest of leashes and he’ll be displaced with time, when you’re the guy the club doesn’t make moves like this

Imagine City doing this to Ederson, Real to Courtois or Liverpool to Alisson? A snowballs chance in hell that’d happen

1 Like

Club must be really concerned with Ramsdale form to be pushing for this

1 Like

The Leno experience

1 Like

If we had a keeper on that level we wouldn’t either

Which proves my point lol

1 Like

Competition for places hotting up if this happens.

I doubt we’d pay 40m. That’s the price Brentford want but they’re not a club that can afford to let him walk for free and nobody has been willing to go to 40m.

Regardless, it says a lot about Ramsdale. I think the thing with Ramsdale is that he is very young and part of the gamble has always been on him continuing to improve. Maybe Arteta/Edu don’t see him being dedicated enough to his craft so they want to push him and see what happens.

1 Like

Just goes to show Ramsdale is upgradable. Arteta hardly gets anything wrong so I’ll support it

Nah Raya isn’t as good as Ramsdale and he isn’t up there with other top keepers like Ederson or Alisson. Competition yes, but not replacement.

1 Like

He’s a very good keeper and signing him would be a good thing.

It probably does mean Ramsdale loses his slot sooner or later but I don’t the gap is massive between them.

What you’re saying doesn’t make sense whatsoever

2 Likes