Daniel Ek

Yeah there’s so much the public won’t be privy too in regards to his personal finances and assets lol

We really have no way of knowing 100% other than a vague of idea of what his Spotify shares are worth and even then that doesn’t account for all of his other assets and investments etc.

Project takeover. :face_vomiting:

The one advantage with Ek maybe that he could perhaps generate different revenue streams through his knowledge of streaming technology. I’d imagine he’d want to have some form of Arsenal streaming service going forwards. Imaging if you could work out contracts to have every Arsenal game on a dedicated platform. Obviously you’d have to negotiate it with future TV contracts. If we could do that it would be as big game changer as the Super League.

Why do you say 4bn, given that’s twice the current value?

KSE view their sport teams as family heirlooms, something for their great grand children to inherit, they’re not going to sell one of their most prestigious teams for any thing close to current stated value and they don’t need to.

It’s hard for people to understand but KSE aren’t in this purely for capital gain, they do have an enthusiasm for sports. I can’t picture any scenario where they sell at £2bn, the club is worth more to them than that and whoever wants it is going to have to pay over the odds and make the acquisition the largest in sports history by some margin

3 Likes

This just seems opportunistic. Never heard anything about this guy football wise until now. Won’t be getting excited until I see some development.

2 Likes

I highly doubt they have that emotional feeling and relation to a soccer team. Other then being a pet project they can invest in and let future grandkids play with. A family heirloom that they’ve owned in what 10 years? Majority owners since 2018. Hardly a heirloom yet.
Anything is for sale and if the fans put on more resilient pressure and makes it unbearable for them, who knows? I highly doubt we would be in a better position with Ek & Co as owners though.

You misunderstand. I didn’t say it is right now, I said they view it as such for their descendants.

It’s important to understand that Stan has been in much worse situations than anything Arsenal fans can threw at him. The man can never show his face in St. Louis and the City are suing him for $1bn.

KSE current position with Arsenal is very secure, fans can huff and puff all they like but KSE has already lost the optics/public opinion battle so how unbearable can things get for them in reality?

6 Likes

Sure. But neither did Yahoo, Myspace, AOL etc till one day where they failed.
The question is whether it is a wise idea to be have an owner whose wealth is seemingly tied to just one large business venture that operates in a hyper competitive space.

Saying all this, I literally have no idea on how diversified his portfolio is and how much liquidity he has to effectively run a cash heavy business like a football club.

3 Likes

Isn’t Henry just talking about the Kroenke protests and the fans’ displeasure about our ownership? Plus the ESL fiasco? I saw some other quotes and it all seemed related to that

1 Like

!

1 Like

“Big” Flam to the rescue.

I get your concerns about the market that Ek currently operates in, and how this could impact any possible value/liquidity he can draw on to finance a takeover and continued availability of funds where required.

As a Spotify premium customer, I value the service alot and it was a disruptor in the music industry when it came on to the scene - many factors working to its advantage - widespread use of smartphone apps, mobile data on the go, etc. Which was critical to Spotify growth.

Though I think the Spotify business is more likely to grow than go downhill - it’s rivals in the space don’t have much superior features and there’s no other new entrants to market that would disrupt the big players as it stands, with something better when it comes to the consumption of music listening in this age.

But Sky have also commented on the controversies of how Spotifys business model is built:

1 Like

“Super League of music,” lmao. Fml, Jesus wept.

10 Likes

Yeah, I just think it’s inevitable for one of Thierry or Paddy to come in as coaches if they back Ek.

2 Likes

Disaster written all over it if that happens. I’m not interested.

4 Likes

Pretty much. This is only good to put further pressure on the Kroenkes.

2 Likes

And saying I used to cheer for Arsenal back in the day doesn’t really mean I’m a big Arsenal fan. I mean Harry Kane did that and look at him now :wright:

1 Like

4D chess from Henry to get the job of his dreams :joy:

I’m still convinced the reality of this happening isn’t very high. Henry, Vieira, Bergkamp and now they’re chatting up Flamini who will no doubt make Ozil DOF.

Media circus stuff and easy clicks tbh.

4 Likes

There were rumours that he took his last job in MLS to get closer to Kroenke. :rofl:
It genuinely wouldn’t surprise me.