Daniel Ek

But sometimes certain owners/people are simply not capable of hiring the right people. Josh might seriously fall into that category.

1 Like

Well, post Wenger they have gone in the right direction broadly, in the sense they understand we need a DOF figure. I think the issue was giving Raul the keys rather than Sven.

At the time of the Pepe deal people were happy with senior management. The signing showed ā€œambitionā€ and a commitment to spending.

Now we have Edu and Arteta leading the project, there are many Arsenal fans happy with this arrangement

3 Likes

Sky really boggle my mind sometimes. Because of an Tweet and an article on The Telegraph they are actually making an item of this story on television. Youā€™ll have to pay 40/50 pounds per month for this?

I canā€™t comprehend why this seems a controversial position in England anyway. Basically every club on the mainland works like this. Personally Iā€™ve always have my doubts with Sanllehi. But that is what I meant with can they find the right people? Seems like they hired him because he worked for Barcelona more than anything.

2 Likes

There isnā€™t a clear formula/calculation for success in the front office really, every appointment is a punt.

The model in sports for poorly run clubs is to poach people from successful clubs, I donā€™t really have an issue with the Raul hire, it appeared he had good contextual understanding of the club and his role but he was shit at negotiating deals with agents.

Sven was suitably qualified too, I canā€™t say the same for Edu

I donā€™t disagree with this. Whilst Barcelona was succesful, they werenā€™t succesful on the transfer market tho. Barcelonaā€™s record on the market, whilst he definitely wasnā€™t the one solely responsible, was so so poor at the time he was there. Andre Gomes, Paco Alcacer, Lucas Digne, Arda Turan, Aleix Vidal, Jeremy Mathieu, Thomas Vermaelen, Song etc.

I donā€™t understand that if you are Ivan Gazidis or Josh Kroenke, you think, that one, that is the when we need to have when you see that list.

That is my thing right now. Have we learned from this past mistake or not?

2 Likes

Fair post - Itā€™s important to remember the initial setup made Sven ID talent and Raul was going to negotiate transfers.

I donā€™t what happened behind the scenes which lead to Raul getting the nod over Sven. I think KSE is very suitable to con artists and sweet talk. If we donā€™t do that Pepe deal I think Raul would still be here

2 Likes
2 Likes

:ooo:

1 Like

A quick Google, indicates heā€™s trying to get Arsenal on the cheap, no way Kroenke accepts if the bellow is true:

According to Forbes, Arsenal are now worth just over Ā£2billion with annual revenues of Ā£309million and an operating income of Ā£33.8million. That club value has risen 23% in the last two years alone and has risen significantly since KSE bought the club.

1 Like

Imagine downgrading from this bossman:

to this bald prick:

2 Likes

My guess is he wants the supporters to ramp up the pressure on KSE to make their ownership unpalatable. If the KSE out crowd thinks thereā€™s a chance , they wonā€™t stop the protests or disruption.

Itā€™s a common tactic to attach former well-liked players to a bid to add legitimacy, but it has no real effect in practical terms but the club will not sell for anything under $4bn

1 Like

Makes no sense really. He doesnā€™t have enough capital to be a sugar daddy type owner whoā€™d bankroll us to success. Heā€™ll raise debt on the club to fund the purchase unless he has other investors lined whoā€™d put their own money.

In reality this would be a risky AF move. Most of his wealth is attached to a single audio streaming platform and if Spotify fail, itā€™ll take us down with it.

2 Likes

Thierry and Paddy are salty for not getting the Arsenal job over Arteta.
Come on lads, you were great players but youā€™re not even half the manager Arteta is. Man had 2 trophies under his name in under a year as a coach in the toughest league of them all. Have some shame. :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

I think we can safely say that Spotify hasnā€™t failed.

They are both bald but our owner hides his with a wig and a Village People moustache.

Iā€™m not sure itā€™s technically possible to get half as good as Arteta.
It would set the record for being the lowest managerial bar in the PL.

2 Likes

Tbf, Henry has been a pretty bad coach so far. He admitted himself he doesnā€™t know how to communicate with todayā€™s generation of players.
Not sure about Vieira. Apparently he lost his job because he fell out with his players too but he said that wasnā€™t the case in an interview recently. Whether to believe him or not I donā€™t know.

Yeah itā€™s a bit unclear. From some quick googling Forbes say he owns 9% of Spotify but other places say he last filed as owning 18%, which would surely double his net worth

1 Like

Our new manager:

:rofl::rofl:

1 Like

Just got an email from Spotify saying my Ā£12.99 plan is going up to Ā£13.99. The bastard already fleecing the hard working real fans.

7 Likes

Haha same. My first thought was ā€œah, so this is how heā€™s going to afford to buy Arsenalā€ :sweat_smile: