Daniel Ek

The fans need to keep up the pressure.

6 Likes

Meh. Matt Law is a very opportunistic ā€˜journalistā€™ speaking on/towards whatā€™s popular sentiment at that moment.

3 Likes

Ball park figures donā€™t really add up.

2 Likes

Tbh thatā€™s a fan friendly story with ex players involved.
Why would they be that interested.

2 Likes

Iā€™m sure they can come up with something. Billonaires always do. They donā€™t have to outright buy it, but tie down financing through loans (able to pay the immediate interest etc).

But the Kroenkeā€™s simply donā€™t want to sell.

FSG got lucky that Klopp said fuck it. Iā€™ll go with you all even he might have gotten better projects if he just waited. That is going to be the best case for us to get out of the shithole weā€™re currently in. In stead of Stan being bought out.

2 Likes

Perhaps but financially it doesnā€™t make a lot of sense to me. Ekā€™s net worth is half of Stanā€™s and the other 3 mentioned arenā€™t going to contribute much financially. Seems like an awfully risky time to buy a club valued at 2 Billion with Covid affecting the sport quite greatly.

Saying youā€™re thinking about buying it though is easy advertising for Ek and Spotify, realistically I think itā€™s much more complicated.

Aside from all that Ek running the club doesnā€™t fill me with any more confidence than Kroenke and from what Iā€™ve seen from Henry and Vieiraā€™s managerial careers Iā€™d be hesitant to believe theyā€™re going to make the correct decisions at the highest level either.

3 Likes

I agree with you donā€™t get me wrong. This is easy PR.

Iā€™m saying that in the end this doesnā€™t really matter. A lot of us, if we purchase a house, our net worth doesnā€™t allow us to buy (with cash). We have to finance/raise funds through (mortgage) loans (at least that is how it works here). This wouldnā€™t be different. Hence somebody with the net worth of Ek isnā€™t immediately excluded of buying.

3.4bn net worth. So it will have to involve some crazy financing for it which could end up stitching us up even more.

2 Likes

Thereā€™s just no way he can buy out KSE alone, the liability on any bank providing the loan would too large.

Heā€™s going to need at least 3 other billionaires willing to his join consortium and share power.

Vieira-Henry as co-managers with Bergkamp as Director of Football. :rofl:

1 Like

Iā€™m calling clickbait reactionary fiction on the basis of current fan protests

2 Likes

Exactly. Kroenke isnā€™t the worse case scenario for this club by any stretch of the imagination

1 Like

Here we fucking go :joy::fire:

1 Like

So what happens now? Daniel Ek borrows money against Arsenal to finance the move in much the same way the Glazers did.

Then we get a bunch of hack manager ex-players running the shop doing token things to get fans on side instead of running us like an actual football club.

5 Likes

We donā€™t need owner investment. We make enough money ourselves.

We have had a lot of investment lately. What good has it done us?

We just need our owners to hire the right people - those who donā€™t have smooth brains and those that donā€™t get taken in by super agents or fraudulent Chinese automobile companies.

6 Likes

But we also donā€™t need a new owner who will leverage his takeover of the club against Arsenal. Which is the likely scenario here.

But itā€™s also clear as day we need a new owner. Kroenke is not fit to be the owner of a football club that much is clear.

1 Like

This is basically it.

Weā€™ve spent plenty of money in the past few years. Weā€™ve just spent it poorly.

Get a proper DoF installed + a quality manager then weā€™re on the way.

This club has had so many different people trying to squad build over the past few years - itā€™s why weā€™re in such a mess. No unified vision. Squandered Ā£200m+ on random players whilst not understanding the profile of player the manager needs for the most part.

2 Likes

At the end of the day we donā€™t actually know how much money Ek has. Itā€™s not as binary as Forbes Rich List placing Ek above or below Kroenke. These peoples networths are privately held assets at wealth managers and family offices - analysts can make educated guesses and get an idea but theyā€™re very often off the Mark.

I know because I worked in PWM for a big American investment bank and some of these multi-millionaires/billionaires are most of the time a lot richer than you think - poorer for that matter as well. Plenty of holding companies in the Caribbean, Asia etc. that these Forbes lists never take account of.

Ek likely has more money and ability to buy the club than we realise.

8 Likes

Maybe they can get flamini onboard heā€™s got a couple bn to his name

3 Likes

I wonder if Dangote would be interested in such a move, partnering with Ek.

2 Likes