Daniel Ek

Both Stan and Josh sit on the Arsenal board so they’re invovled in the day to day operation.

The context you and @shamrockgooner have provided is valid BUT most people are making an inference about good ownership based on their owner being on the pitch joining the celebrations - which I don’t agree with.

I think if stan tried similar at any point he’d be booed

1 Like

Not sure about the exact definitions in English company law/organisation, but the fact that Josh is non-executive director means he is not involved with day-to-day business. But rather has advisory / monitoring role.

Stan has really no involvement whatsoever. The fact that he (Josh) said on that Arsenal trust O&A that if you speak to him than you speak to his father say everything.

Depends on what we mean by day to day I guess. I doubt Big Vin can sign sponsorship contracts without Josh or Daddy K giving it a thumbs up for instance. But if some scouts need firing I doubt they care.

He was appointed as non-executive director initially but is currently serving as a full director per the Arsenal website, this correlates with his heavy recent involvement on behalf of KSE. He’s involved with the day to day operation.

Not really, it’s pretty clear from articles and the corporate structure he’s actively involved in various aspects concerning the club.

Sure you can slam him for not being prominent or vocal in engaging with the fans but my personal preference I prefer owners in the background as long as the right people are being appointed to run things (Which they’re not imo) and the business of the club operating smoothly.

Josh has an owner and board member puts himself out there a fair bit anyway even though he’s under no obligation to do so.

I was hopeful that they may sell…but equally if Ek was really interested and really wanted to buy Arsenal, he would go back in with a second bid.

3 Likes

Why should he pay over the odds?

He put in a what he thinks is a “fair” bid for something that wasn’t for sale from people who don’t need money and it was not accepted. This was always going to be what happened.

If the club changes hands it’ll be because the owners want to sell at a time that is right for them and they’ll probably sell it at around market rate. Nobody out there is going to come in and make offers way over the value of the club to try and convince them to sell.

Being registered as interested party number one seems the most reasonable thing Ek could have done right now. Maybe if they do want to sell at some point he’ll get a phone call.

3 Likes

If I had 4.3Bn quid the last thing I’d buy is a football club.

6 Likes

Dream is over.
Everything is expected.
Ek made a bid, and Kroenke rejected.
Move on, and I don’t need Spotify in my life, even if Ek looks like a good man and better owner.

He could allow us a 200 million net spend this summer, I’m sure that will get a few detractors back on side.

He was invited by the Leicester players and cheered by the supporters who appreciate what a good owner he is.
I don’t know if you noticed but there was banner the size of half of one end of the ground with a picture of the owners father.
I can absolutely guarantee that Kroenke wouldn’t get that because he isn’t fit to own a footbal club, let alone us.

It’s a bit hard for him to go onto the pitch after a game because he’ hardly ever goes to any games and who would cheer someone who has dragged us down so far?
The only people giving him a standing ovation would be spurs supporters.

1 Like

Not if he kept Arteta he wouldn’t. :wink:

Don’t disagree…but think this would be time to bring up Arsenal’s bid for Luis Suárez of £40m +£1…that was a “fair” bid as well by the same definition.

Buying a club or a player is the same as buying a house…if you really want it, you will pay over the odds to get it and secure the deal.

1 Like

Unless it has a price tag…

At 1.8 billion it’s a ridiculous amount to pay for something with falling revenues and big losses as well as the further short term hit from corona virus.

What’s more the team is sliding and on a downward trend for a long time now.

The offer would leave the Kroenkes banking a huge profit for doing a dreadful job.

I find it impossible to fathom the Kroenkes motivation in refusing it - really feels like Stan is a wig wearing vampire who enjoys sucking the life out of the club and it’s fans. The sooner Van Helsing puts a stake through this blood suckers heart the better because it’s quite clear he’s never going to die from natural causes anytime soon.

4 Likes

Dennis Bergkamp was interviewed about the takeover bid:

Translated with Google Translate:

When did you decide to intervene at Arsenal?
'After I left the club I always kept in touch with Thierry and Patrick. And of course I continued to follow the games of Arsenal. I have played an important part of my career there, I have had a testimonial there. The club is in my heart, I have become a fan of players. Just like Patrick and Thierry, I recognize the Arsenal from our own time less and less. The ambition to win top prizes is in Arsenal’s DNA. Never accepting loss. That mentality has slowly disappeared. I sense resignation about the current situation. That is serious. As if, given the financial situation, it is normal for Arsenal to end in the middle bracket. That does not belong to this club. Arsenal’s DNA must be restored. ’

How and when did contact with Daniel Ek come about?
Daniel has been an Arsenal fan all his life. A real. He also appeared to be worried about the downturn at the club for some time. When the Super League dominated the news for days, Daniel just about exploded. That was when he wanted to continue and contact us. During a Zoom meeting with Thierry, Patrick and I, he shared his concerns and plans with us. That made an impression from the first moment. It immediately became clear to me how deep the supportership is with Daniel. I think that’s important: Daniel doesn’t see a takeover as buying a nice toy. On the contrary.’

'He understands the passion of a football fan. Because he is one himself. He also wants to significantly increase the influence of the fans. Among other things, by giving them a place in the club management. We think that is very important. We want to get close to the supporters. Daniel likes transparency anyway. Just look at how he communicates about this, via Twitter, clear to everyone. Another important point is that Daniel understands that Arsenal’s problems cannot be solved just like that. With some extra money pumping in and firing the trainer, for example, you will not get there. If Arsenal wants to be at the top next season, they will have to achieve a world topper in every line. While the club has long lacked the appeal for this category of players. Hence, structural changes must take place. This is the backbone of Arsenal. This is a major long-term project. ’

Where do you start if the club’s working methods have to be changed deep down into the DNA?
'You have to start at the top. Hence, an acquisition is crucial. So that Arsenal can continue with an owner who understands that a football club should not be run like a company. No matter how much money is involved in English football, Arsenal is and will remain a football club. Which must also be managed as such, in all layers of the club. ’

Are there any similarities with the Cruijff revolution ten years ago at Ajax, in which you played a pioneering role?
'The need for changes, the leading role of football, the great ambitions that we want to bring back: these are indeed parallels. But at Arsenal I am not looking for a revolution. We really hope that we can talk to the current owners in a good way. We don’t want to harm anyone, it’s not about us personally. This revolves around our views on an improved Arsenal. As players, we contributed to the transition from Boring Arsenal to a squad called The Invincibles was named. Thanks to that period, I have now been inducted into the Premier League Hall of Fame, which I am extremely proud of. The quality, mindset and passion of that time must once again become the norm. Thierry, Patrick and I have ideas about that. Which fit perfectly with Daniel’s plans. ’

Ek’s first offer of nearly two billion euros has been rejected by the current owners, the Kroenke family. What now?
'We can’t force anyone to sell. I understand that, in addition to that offer, Daniel has now reached out twice to Josh Kroenke and his bankers. Whatever Kroenke’s intentions are, it would be good if we at least have a conversation with each other. In the interest of the club. Regardless, Daniel is not a quitter and neither are we football boys. We are here to stay. The crazy thing is that we cannot imagine how the current players feel. Because we have always played for the championship ourselves. We do know how the fans feel. We have already had a meeting with a supporter delegation. We also sense more and more enthusiasm on their side. That is very stimulating. ’

If the takeover succeeds, what exactly should your role and that of Henry and Vieira be?
'Football, passion and ambition must again be central. We have plenty of ideas about the technical details, but it makes little sense to anticipate them now. First, Daniel has to come to a takeover. After that, it would make sense to use the knowledge we have gained during and after our careers. We are ready and so is Daniel. Fans are thrilled. Now the current club management. ’

None of the guys will ever mention Wenger when it comes to the discussion about the club’s decline. It seems they think the rot started after he left. They’re not honest brokers

2 Likes

Would have been brilliant if this is all genuine.

1 Like

Christ forever stuck in a time warp. Can’t buy into any of it tbh.
Just fucking pipe dreams full of yesteryear reflections. Easy to sell for a desperate fanbase but the practicality of the clubs that are now City and Chelsea and rejuvenated Liverpool and United is needing proper business proposals.

3 Likes

Do you go around calling out your ex-colleagues when you have no stake in their business?
What is this unrealistics demand which none of us ever did in our own life?

These guys would still want to sit down with Wenger daddy one day, sip wine and reminisce the glory days. If I were them, I wouldn’t fuck with those special moments to gain browny points from people I would never interact.

This is as ridiculous as people who say “Oh if he loved the club so much & cared about its finances, why did he take 5m per season from the club”. Same people would steal money from their mum’s purse.

9 Likes